Avapro and Testicular failure - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Testicular failure is reported only by a few people who take Avapro.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Avapro and have Testicular failure. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 18,022 people who have side effects while taking Avapro from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
18,022 people reported to have side effects when taking Avapro.
Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Testicular failure.
What is Avapro?
Avapro has active ingredients of irbesartan. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 18,964 Avapro users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Testicular failure?
Testicular failure (testicles cannot produce sperm or male hormones) is found to be associated with 239 drugs and 122 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Avapro and Testicular failure reports submitted per year:
Time on Avapro when people have Testicular failure *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Testicular failure when taking Avapro *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Avapro *:
- Lisinopril: 2 people, 100.00%
- Zyrtec: 1 person, 50.00%
- Claritin: 1 person, 50.00%
- Flomax: 1 person, 50.00%
- Finasteride: 1 person, 50.00%
- Effexor Xr: 1 person, 50.00%
- Dyazide: 1 person, 50.00%
- Diovan: 1 person, 50.00%
- Detrol La: 1 person, 50.00%
- Cymbalta: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Testicular failure *:
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 2 people, 100.00%
- Weakness: 1 person, 50.00%
- Sleep Apnea Syndrome: 1 person, 50.00%
- Rosacea (a skin condition that causes facial redness): 1 person, 50.00%
- Restless Leg Syndrome (a powerful urge to move your legs): 1 person, 50.00%
- Renal Failure Chronic (long lasting kidney dysfunction): 1 person, 50.00%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 1 person, 50.00%
- Musculoskeletal Disorder (disease of the body's muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments and nerves): 1 person, 50.00%
- Libido Decreased (loss of interest in sex): 1 person, 50.00%
- Hypertensive Nephropathy (hypertensive renal disease): 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Chest Pain: 1 person, 50.00%
- Blood Testosterone Decreased: 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Avapro and have Testicular failure?Check whether Testicular failure is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Testicular failure and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of irbesartan:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Avapro:
- Avapro (18,964 reports)
Common Avapro side effects:
Browse all side effects of Avapro:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Testicular failure treatments and more:
- Testicular failure (647 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Testicular failure:
- Testicular failure in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Testicular failure in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Testicular failure in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Testicular failure:
- Propecia: 111 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Testicular failure:
- Testicular failure (239 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Testicular failure:
- Testicular failure (122 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on irbesartan (the active ingredients of Avapro) and Avapro (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Progesterone and Oestradiol Decreased - now
- Clonazepam and Red Blood Cell Count Abnormal - 2 seconds ago
- Progesterone and Therapeutic Response Unexpected - 2 seconds ago
- Progesterone and Hyperaesthesia - 6 seconds ago
- Progesterone and Androgenetic Alopecia - 9 seconds ago
- Progesterone and Arthropod Bite - 11 seconds ago
- Norethindrone and Cardiac Aneurysm - 18 seconds ago
- Progesterone and Nervousness - 25 seconds ago
- Progesterone and Uterine Leiomyoma - 30 seconds ago
- Progesterone and Visual Impairment - 33 seconds ago