Avastin and Cough - from FDA reports
Cough is found among people who take Avastin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Decadron, and have Lung neoplasm malignant. This review analyzes which people have Cough with Avastin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 45,267 people who have side effects when taking Avastin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 24, 2017
45,267 people reported to have side effects when taking Avastin.
Among them, 696 people (1.54%) have Cough
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Avastin when people have Cough *:
- < 1 month: 37.21 %
- 1 - 6 months: 38.76 %
- 6 - 12 months: 13.18 %
- 1 - 2 years: 8.53 %
- 2 - 5 years: 2.33 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Cough when taking Avastin *:
- female: 60.33 %
- male: 39.67 %
Age of people who have Cough when taking Avastin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.87 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.65 %
- 30-39: 3.05 %
- 40-49: 20.7 %
- 50-59: 29.63 %
- 60+: 45.1 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Lung Neoplasm Malignant (73 people, 10.49%)
- Breast Cancer (50 people, 7.18%)
- Lung Cancer - Non-Small Cell (46 people, 6.61%)
- Breast Cancer Female (45 people, 6.47%)
- Renal Cell Carcinoma (39 people, 5.60%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Decadron (162 people, 23.28%)
- Zometa (134 people, 19.25%)
- Benadryl (114 people, 16.38%)
- Taxol (113 people, 16.24%)
- Xeloda (110 people, 15.80%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (302 people, 43.39%)
- Death (255 people, 36.64%)
- Breathing Difficulty (241 people, 34.63%)
- Weakness (204 people, 29.31%)
- Nausea (199 people, 28.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Cough when taking Avastin?
- Check symptoms - is cough caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsCough and drugs with ingredients of bevacizumab.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeCough and Avastin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Avastin has active ingredients of bevacizumab. It is often used in macular degeneration. (latest outcomes from Avastin 45,786 users)
Cough has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, osteoporosis (latest reports from 149,337 Cough patients).
Browse all side effects of Avastina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with CoughCough
Could your condition cause CoughCough
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I take numerous vitamins along with a multi vitamin 2x daily. I have been taking vitamins for as long as I can remember and just recently developed a dry cough and metallic taste when I cough. I don't have any normal symptoms i.e.. High blood pressure, cold, flu, etc ... I am 64 and this ...
Been on benicar/hct for 10years, I am female, 61 years old. Developed a cough. Basically coughing 24/7. Out of control. And yes I pee my self. I have had it for a year. I have been off benicar for 2 weeks, Dr said it should be out of my System @3 weeks. How long did it take for the cough to go ...
My father-in-law is dying in the ICU being treated as if he had Septic Shock Syndrome, blood pressure meds with sedation, on ventilator. Tried aHUS med like Soliris but no response. No diagnoses from all blood test, CT scans, and liver and bone marrow biospy. The only thing he was treated prior ...
i take Avastin for colon cancer. A side effect of this medicine is a nasal drip...which over time had created problems. The nasal drip (mucus) has become very thick and often drips down the back of my throat into my chest. This time it has caused pneumonia. I have been checked by an ...