Will you have Glare with Avastin - from FDA reports
Glare is found among people who take Avastin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lucentis, and have Age-related macular degeneration. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 53,973 people who have side effects when taking Avastin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on bevacizumab (the active ingredients of Avastin) and Avastin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Glare are also considered in the study.
What is Avastin?
Avastin has active ingredients of bevacizumab. It is often used in macular degeneration. (latest outcomes from Avastin 54,493 users)
What is Glare?
Glare (difficulty seeing in the presence of bright light) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 416 Glare patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
53,973 people reported to have side effects when taking Avastin.
Among them, 14 people (0.03%) have Glare
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Avastin when people have Glare *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Glare when taking Avastin *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Glare when taking Avastin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 40 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 60 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Age-Related Macular Degeneration: 8 people, 57.14%
- Diabetic Retinal Oedema (excessive build-up of fluid in the retina due to diabetes): 4 people, 28.57%
- Anaesthesia: 2 people, 14.29%
- Type 2 Diabetes: 1 person, 7.14%
- Retinal Vessel Occlusion (a blockage in one of the small arteries): 1 person, 7.14%
- Retinal Neovascularisation (development of tiny, abnormal, leaky blood vessels inside the retina): 1 person, 7.14%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 1 person, 7.14%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 7.14%
- Diabetic Retinopathy (damage to the retina caused by complications of diabetes): 1 person, 7.14%
- Diabetic Eye Disease: 1 person, 7.14%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lucentis: 10 people, 71.43%
- Mydriacyl: 3 people, 21.43%
- Besivance: 2 people, 14.29%
- Lidocaine: 2 people, 14.29%
- Actos: 2 people, 14.29%
- Ramipril: 1 person, 7.14%
- Percocet: 1 person, 7.14%
- Acular: 1 person, 7.14%
- Alcaine: 1 person, 7.14%
- Alphagan: 1 person, 7.14%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Visual Impairment: 7 people, 50.00%
- Visual Acuity Reduced (reduced clearness of vision): 7 people, 50.00%
- Vitreous Floaters (spots before the eyes): 6 people, 42.86%
- Vision Blurred: 5 people, 35.71%
- Eye Pain: 4 people, 28.57%
- Retinal Disorder (disease of retina): 3 people, 21.43%
- Eye Pruritus (eye itching): 3 people, 21.43%
- Photophobia (extreme sensitivity to light): 3 people, 21.43%
- Retinal Haemorrhage (bleeding from retina): 3 people, 21.43%
- Diabetic Retinal Oedema (excessive build-up of fluid in the retina due to diabetes): 3 people, 21.43%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Glare while taking Avastin?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Glare
- Subscribe to monitor Glare in Avastin
- Subscribe to monitor Avastin
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Avastin and have Glare
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Alessandrino F, Krajewski KM, Tirumani SH, Braschi-Amirfarzan M, Jagannathan JP, Ramaiya NH, Di Salvo DN, "Biliary and pancreatic complications of molecular targeted therapies in cancer imaging", Abdominal Radiology, 2017 Jun .
Drugs that are associated with GlareGlare (274 drugs)
Could your condition cause GlareGlare (168 conditions)
Avastin side effects
- Avastin side effects (54,215 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Avastina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Compare Avastin with similar drugs
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Iron Deficiency with Psoriasis? - 2 seconds ago
- What to expect when you have Quit Smoking and Jejunal Ulcer? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Arm Amputation with Tramadol? - 5 seconds ago
- What to expect when you have Thyroid Diseases and Cerebral Venous Thrombosis? - 6 seconds ago
- Will you have Meningitis with Diovan? - 8 seconds ago
- Will you have Muscle Cramp with Toradol? - 10 seconds ago
- Will you have Cramps - Muscle with Toradol? - 10 seconds ago
- Will you have Muscle Cramps with Toradol? - 10 seconds ago
- Will you have Breathing Difficulty with Ceclor? - 10 seconds ago
- Will you have Short Of Breath with Ceclor? - 11 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 50 year old man who takes Symbicort, Singulair - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 39 year old man who takes Buprenorphine Hydrochloride; Naloxone Hydrochloride - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 72 year old woman who takes Oxybutynin Chloride - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 73 year old man who takes Coq-10, Metoprolol Succinate, Probiotic, Atorvastatin Calcium, Bayer Low Dose Aspirin (81mg Aspirin), Metformin Hydrochloride, Magnesium, Pantoprazole, Incruse Ellipta - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 73 year old man who takes Suprep Bowel Prep Kit, Valsartan - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 52 year old woman who takes Methotrexate, Kenalog - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 47 year old man who takes Keppra, Fluoxetine - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Valproic Acid - 15 hours ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Valproic Acid - 15 hours ago
- A study for a 18 year old girl who takes Nortriptyline Hydrochloride - 17 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.