Avastin and Macular opacity - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Macular opacity is reported only by a few people who take Avastin.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Avastin and have Macular opacity. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 69,252 people who have side effects while taking Avastin from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
69,252 people reported to have side effects when taking Avastin.
Among them, 1 person (0.0%) has Macular opacity.
What is Avastin?
Avastin has active ingredients of bevacizumab. It is often used in macular degeneration. eHealthMe is studying from 69,854 Avastin users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Macular opacity?
Macular opacity (opaque macula) is found to be associated with 50 drugs and 30 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Avastin and Macular opacity reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Macular opacity when taking Avastin *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Macular opacity when taking Avastin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 100 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Avastin *:
- Vicodin: 1 person, 100.00%
- Tylenol: 1 person, 100.00%
- Tegretol: 1 person, 100.00%
- Metformin: 1 person, 100.00%
- Lucentis: 1 person, 100.00%
- Lantus Solostar: 1 person, 100.00%
- Januvia: 1 person, 100.00%
- Humalog: 1 person, 100.00%
- Betadine: 1 person, 100.00%
Common side effects people have besides Macular opacity *:
- Vitreous Floaters (spots before the eyes): 1 person, 100.00%
- Hordeolum (small collection of pus (abscess) on the eyelid): 1 person, 100.00%
- Blister (small pocket of fluid within the upper layers of the skin caused by forceful rubbing (friction), burning, freezing, chemical exposure): 1 person, 100.00%
- Blood Glucose Increased: 1 person, 100.00%
- Cerebral Microangiopathy (small-vessel disease of brain): 1 person, 100.00%
- Conjunctival Haemorrhage (bleeding underneath the conjunctiva): 1 person, 100.00%
- Dizziness: 1 person, 100.00%
- Eye Pain: 1 person, 100.00%
- Foot Fracture: 1 person, 100.00%
- Headache (pain in head): 1 person, 100.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Diabetic Retinopathy (damage to the retina caused by complications of diabetes): 1 person, 100.00%
- Diabetic Retinal Oedema (excessive build-up of fluid in the retina due to diabetes): 1 person, 100.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Avastin and have Macular opacity?Check whether Macular opacity is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Macular opacity and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of bevacizumab:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Avastin:
- Avastin (69,854 reports)
Common Avastin side effects:
- Death: 11,714 reports
- Diarrhea: 3,973 reports
- High blood pressure: 3,875 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3,764 reports
Browse all side effects of Avastin:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Macular opacity treatments and more:
- Macular opacity (28 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Macular opacity:
- Macular opacity in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Macular opacity in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Macular opacity in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Macular opacity:
- Macular opacity (50 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Macular opacity:
- Macular opacity (30 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on bevacizumab (the active ingredients of Avastin) and Avastin (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Metoprolol Tartrate and Skin Fibrosis - a second ago
- Formoterol Fumarate and Fluid Overload - 2 seconds ago
- Atenolol and Chronic Obstructive Airways Disease Exacerbated - 4 seconds ago
- Duragesic-50 and Angina Pectoris Aggravated - 8 seconds ago
- Januvia and Arthritis Bacterial - 9 seconds ago
- Pradaxa and Vaginal Discharge - 11 seconds ago
- Reclast and Pletal drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Fosinopril Sodium and Aortic Stenosis - 12 seconds ago
- Zoladex and Cerebellar Infarction - 16 seconds ago
- Rituxan and Endometrial Disorder - 21 seconds ago