Avelox and Agranulocytosis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Agranulocytosis is found among people who take Avelox, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Avelox and have Agranulocytosis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 27,206 people who have side effects when taking Avelox from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
27,206 people reported to have side effects when taking Avelox.
Among them, 257 people (0.94%) have Agranulocytosis.
What is Avelox?
Avelox has active ingredients of moxifloxacin hydrochloride. It is often used in sinusitis. eHealthMe is studying from 27,967 Avelox users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Agranulocytosis?
Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection) is found to be associated with 3,103 drugs and 3,330 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Avelox and Agranulocytosis reports submitted per year:
Time on Avelox when people have Agranulocytosis *:
Gender of people who have Agranulocytosis when taking Avelox*:
Age of people who have Agranulocytosis when taking Avelox *:
Common drugs people take besides Avelox *:
Common side effects people have besides Agranulocytosis *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Avelox and have Agranulocytosis?Check whether Agranulocytosis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Fasullo, S., Davì, S., Cosenza, G., Di Franco, F., La Manna, N., Giubilato, A., ... & Maringhini, G. , "Acute agranulocytosis after oral administration of dabigatran: a rare case report and a short review of literature", Journal of thrombosis and thrombolysis, 2018 Jan .
How severe was Agranulocytosis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of moxifloxacin hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Avelox:
- Avelox (27,967 reports)
Common Avelox side effects:
- Rashes (redness): 2,584 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 2,495 reports
- Dizziness: 1,999 reports
- Pain: 1,995 reports
- Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death): 1,879 reports
Browse all side effects of Avelox:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Agranulocytosis treatments and more:
- Agranulocytosis (180,979 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Agranulocytosis:
- Agranulocytosis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Agranulocytosis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Agranulocytosis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Agranulocytosis:
- Clozapine: 15,427 reports
- Cyclophosphamide: 10,824 reports
- Prednisone: 7,572 reports
- Methotrexate: 7,194 reports
- Carboplatin: 7,154 reports
- Fluorouracil: 6,985 reports
- Revlimid: 6,848 reports
- Cisplatin: 6,157 reports
- Dexamethasone: 5,854 reports
- Etoposide: 5,284 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Agranulocytosis:
- Agranulocytosis (3,103 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Agranulocytosis:
- Multiple myeloma: 9,913 reports
- Breast cancer: 5,558 reports
- High blood pressure: 5,100 reports
- Schizophrenia: 4,907 reports
- Non-hodgkin's lymphoma: 3,585 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Agranulocytosis:
- Agranulocytosis (3,330 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on moxifloxacin hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Avelox) and Avelox (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Diprivan and Bumex drug interaction - now
- Baclofen and Multiple Drug Overdose Accidental - 2 seconds ago
- Avonex and Clemastine Fumarate drug interaction - 8 seconds ago
- Mupirocin and Loss Of Consciousness - 8 seconds ago
- Benzonatate and Robaxin drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Mucomyst and Metoprolol Succinate drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Florinef and Entacapone drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Ilaris and Neuralgia - 16 seconds ago
- Allegra and Methylergonovine Maleate drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Darzalex Faspro and Abdominal Pain - 18 seconds ago