Avelox and Dupuytren's contracture - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Dupuytren's contracture is reported only by a few people who take Avelox.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Avelox and have Dupuytren's contracture. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 26,710 people who have side effects while taking Avelox from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
26,710 people reported to have side effects when taking Avelox.
Among them, 4 people (0.01%) have Dupuytren's contracture.
What is Avelox?
Avelox has active ingredients of moxifloxacin hydrochloride. It is often used in sinusitis. eHealthMe is studying from 27,471 Avelox users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Dupuytren's contracture?
Dupuytren's contracture (thickening of the fibrous tissue layer underneath the skin of the palm and fingers) is found to be associated with 435 drugs and 194 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Avelox and Dupuytren's contracture reports submitted per year:
Time on Avelox when people have Dupuytren's contracture *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Avelox *:
- female: 25 %
- male: 75 %
Age of people who have Dupuytren's contracture when taking Avelox *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Avelox *:
- Atrovent: 4 people, 100.00%
- Coumadin: 4 people, 100.00%
- Lasix: 4 people, 100.00%
- Mevacor: 3 people, 75.00%
- Lidex: 3 people, 75.00%
- Multihance: 3 people, 75.00%
- Zestril: 3 people, 75.00%
- Metoprolol Tartrate: 3 people, 75.00%
- Magnevist: 3 people, 75.00%
- Lovastatin: 3 people, 75.00%
Common side effects people have besides Dupuytren's contracture *:
- Rashes (redness): 4 people, 100.00%
- Joint Swelling: 4 people, 100.00%
- Musculoskeletal Stiffness (stiffness of the body's muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments and nerves): 4 people, 100.00%
- Joint Range Of Motion Decreased (disease of joint movement): 3 people, 75.00%
- Ischaemic Ulcer (arterial ulcer): 3 people, 75.00%
- Muscle Contracture (a permanent shortening of a muscle): 3 people, 75.00%
- Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis (involves fibrosis of skin, joints, eyes due to kidney disease): 3 people, 75.00%
- Weakness: 3 people, 75.00%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 3 people, 75.00%
- Onychomadesis (a periodic idiopathic shedding of the nails): 3 people, 75.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Rash Pruritic (redness with itching): 3 people, 75.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 25.00%
- Depression: 1 person, 25.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Avelox and have Dupuytren's contracture?Check whether Dupuytren's contracture is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Avelox:
- Avelox (27,471 reports)
Dupuytren's contracture treatments and more:
- Dupuytren's contracture (2,028 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Dupuytren's contracture in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Dupuytren's contracture and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of moxifloxacin hydrochloride:
Common drugs associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Xiaflex: 137 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (435 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Dupuytren's contracture:
- Dupuytren's contracture (194 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on moxifloxacin hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Avelox) and Avelox (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Insomnia and Hepatic Steatosis - 25 seconds ago
- Prostatic Specific Antigen Increased and Swelling Face - 33 seconds ago
- Vectibix and Hair Growth Abnormal - 38 seconds ago
- Galantamine Hydrobromide and Avonex drug interaction - 42 seconds ago
- Atenolol and Unresponsive To Stimuli - 55 seconds ago