Avelox and Lip discoloration - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Lip discoloration is reported only by a few people who take Avelox.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Avelox and have Lip discoloration. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 27,206 people who have side effects while taking Avelox from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
27,206 people reported to have side effects when taking Avelox.
Among them, 2 people (0.01%) have Lip discoloration.
What is Avelox?
Avelox has active ingredients of moxifloxacin hydrochloride. It is often used in sinusitis. eHealthMe is studying from 27,967 Avelox users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Lip discoloration?
Lip discoloration is found to be associated with 633 drugs and 276 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Avelox and Lip discoloration reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Lip discoloration when taking Avelox *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Common side effects people have besides Lip discoloration *:
- Oxygen Saturation Decreased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Indigestion: 1 person, 50.00%
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 1 person, 50.00%
- Dizziness: 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Nasopharyngitis (inflammation of the nasopharynx): 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Avelox and have Lip discoloration?Check whether Lip discoloration is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Lip discoloration and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of moxifloxacin hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Avelox:
- Avelox (27,967 reports)
Common Avelox side effects:
- Rashes (redness): 2,489 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 2,318 reports
- Dizziness: 1,999 reports
- Pain: 1,995 reports
- Anaphylaxis (serious allergic reaction that is rapid in onset and may cause death): 1,879 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 1,783 reports
Browse all side effects of Avelox:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Lip discoloration treatments and more:
- Lip discoloration (1,233 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Lip discoloration:
- Lip discoloration in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Lip discoloration in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Lip discoloration in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Lip discoloration:
- Lip discoloration (633 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Lip discoloration:
- Lip discoloration (276 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on moxifloxacin hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Avelox) and Avelox (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Keratopathy and drugs of ingredients of cobalamin - 2 seconds ago
- Allergic Rhinitis and drugs of ingredients of sodium bicarbonate - 7 seconds ago
- Nasacort and Morphine drug interaction - 7 seconds ago
- Lower Respiratory Tract Infection and johnson and johnson covid vaccine - 11 seconds ago
- Promethazine and Lipids Abnormal - 11 seconds ago
- Glucotrol and Sulindac drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Percocet and Vitamin K1 drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Itraconazole and Bepotastine Besilate drug interaction - 21 seconds ago
- Pyrazinamide and Rifampin drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Azathioprine and Depressed Level Of Consciousness - 32 seconds ago