Avodart and Abnormal behavior - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Abnormal behavior is found among people who take Avodart, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Avodart and have Abnormal behavior. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 14,983 people who have side effects when taking Avodart from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
14,983 people reported to have side effects when taking Avodart.
Among them, 30 people (0.2%) have Abnormal behavior.
What is Avodart?
Avodart has active ingredients of dutasteride. It is often used in prostate examination abnormal. eHealthMe is studying from 15,831 Avodart users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Abnormal behavior?
Abnormal behavior is found to be associated with 2,147 drugs and 1,608 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Avodart and Abnormal behavior reports submitted per year:
Time on Avodart when people have Abnormal behavior *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 50 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Abnormal behavior when taking Avodart *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Abnormal behavior when taking Avodart *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 4 %
- 40-49: 8 %
- 50-59: 12 %
- 60+: 76 %
Common drugs people take besides Avodart *:
- Nexium: 5 people, 16.67%
- Flomax: 5 people, 16.67%
- Lamictal: 4 people, 13.33%
- Risperdal: 4 people, 13.33%
- Coumadin: 4 people, 13.33%
- Singulair: 4 people, 13.33%
- Lasix: 4 people, 13.33%
- Lipitor: 3 people, 10.00%
- Nuplazid: 3 people, 10.00%
- Norvasc: 3 people, 10.00%
Common side effects people have besides Abnormal behavior *:
- Confusional State: 5 people, 16.67%
- Drowsiness: 5 people, 16.67%
- Headache (pain in head): 5 people, 16.67%
- Agitation (state of anxiety or nervous excitement): 4 people, 13.33%
- Stress And Anxiety: 4 people, 13.33%
- Pain In Extremity: 4 people, 13.33%
- Delusion (a false belief or opinion): 4 people, 13.33%
- Delirium (wild excitement): 3 people, 10.00%
- Body Temperature Decreased: 3 people, 10.00%
- Memory Loss: 3 people, 10.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Asthma: 4 people, 13.33%
- Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind): 4 people, 13.33%
- Pain: 3 people, 10.00%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 3 people, 10.00%
- Delusion (a false belief or opinion): 3 people, 10.00%
- Sleep Disorder: 2 people, 6.67%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 2 people, 6.67%
- Prostatomegaly (enlargement of the prostate): 2 people, 6.67%
- Prostatic Disorder: 2 people, 6.67%
- Dementia (madness): 2 people, 6.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Avodart and have Abnormal behavior?Check whether Abnormal behavior is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Abnormal behavior and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of dutasteride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Avodart:
- Avodart (15,831 reports)
Common Avodart side effects:
Browse all side effects of Avodart:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Abnormal behavior treatments and more:
- Abnormal behavior (48,222 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Abnormal behavior:
- Abnormal behavior in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Abnormal behavior in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Abnormal behavior in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Abnormal behavior:
All the drugs that are associated with Abnormal behavior:
- Abnormal behavior (2,147 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Abnormal behavior:
All the conditions that are associated with Abnormal behavior:
- Abnormal behavior (1,608 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on dutasteride (the active ingredients of Avodart) and Avodart (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- How effective is Risperdal for Paranoia? - 2 seconds ago
- Fluocinolone Acetonide and Seroquel drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Vitamin K and Astelin drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Tessalon and Herceptin drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Pomalyst and Valacyclovir Hydrochloride drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Vfend and Salmonella Enterocolitis - 19 seconds ago
- Fabrazyme and Allopurinol drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Losartan Potassium and Abnormal Weight Gain - 29 seconds ago
- Clarithromycin and Epzicom drug interaction - 51 seconds ago
- Montelukast Sodium and Acanya drug interaction - 57 seconds ago