Avodart and Eye swelling - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 15,274 people who have side effects when taking Avodart. Eye swelling is found, especially among people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take Flomax and have Diabetes.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Avodart and have Eye swelling. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
15,274 people reported to have side effects when taking Avodart.
Among them, 20 people (0.13%) have Eye swelling.
What is Avodart?
Avodart has active ingredients of dutasteride. It is used in prostate examination abnormal. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 16,156 Avodart users.
What is Eye swelling?
Eye swelling is found to be associated with 2,076 drugs and 1,555 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 36,569 people who have Eye swelling.
Number of Avodart and Eye swelling reports submitted per year:
Time on Avodart when people have Eye swelling *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 30 %
- 6 - 12 months: 20 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Eye swelling when taking Avodart *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Eye swelling when taking Avodart *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 7.69 %
- 30-39: 7.69 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 7.69 %
- 60+: 76.92 %
Common drugs people take besides Avodart *:
- Hytrin: 3 people, 15.00%
- Flomax: 3 people, 15.00%
- Minoxidil: 2 people, 10.00%
- Singulair: 2 people, 10.00%
- Plavix: 2 people, 10.00%
- Metformin: 2 people, 10.00%
- Crestor: 2 people, 10.00%
- Lisinopril: 2 people, 10.00%
- Atenolol: 1 person, 5.00%
- Avandia: 1 person, 5.00%
Common side effects people have besides Eye swelling *:
- Swelling Face: 9 people, 45.00%
- Hair Loss: 6 people, 30.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4 people, 20.00%
- Hypersensitivity: 4 people, 20.00%
- Lip Swelling: 4 people, 20.00%
- Ocular Hyperaemia (an abnormally large amount of blood in eye): 4 people, 20.00%
- Rashes (redness): 4 people, 20.00%
- Weakness: 3 people, 15.00%
- Eye Discharge: 3 people, 15.00%
- Angioedema (rapid swelling of the dermis): 3 people, 15.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Micturition Disorder (disease of passing urine): 1 person, 5.00%
- Lipodystrophy Acquired (a regional loss of subcutaneous adipose tissue which usually starts in the face, extends downward acquired): 1 person, 5.00%
- Inflammation: 1 person, 5.00%
- Ill-Defined Disorder: 1 person, 5.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 5.00%
- Hepatitis C: 1 person, 5.00%
- Hair Loss: 1 person, 5.00%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 5.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Avodart and have Eye swelling?Check whether Eye swelling is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Avodart side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Avodart side effects (16,156 reports)
Eye swelling treatments and more:
- Eye swelling (36,569 reports)
Common drugs associated with Eye swelling:
- Prednisone: 1,659 reports
- Dupixent: 1,564 reports
- Aspirin: 1,212 reports
- Humira: 1,211 reports
- Adapalene: 1,171 reports
- Synthroid: 877 reports
- Metformin: 853 reports
- Enbrel: 841 reports
- Benadryl: 758 reports
- Lisinopril: 757 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Eye swelling:
- Eye swelling (2,076 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Eye swelling:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,513 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,363 reports
- Asthma: 1,012 reports
- Acne: 1,011 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 1,002 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Eye swelling:
- Eye swelling (1,555 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on dutasteride (the active ingredients of Avodart) and Avodart (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Celexa and Apidra Solostar drug interaction - now
- Glimepiride and Glomerular Filtration Rate Decreased - 2 seconds ago
- Cefobid and Cyclosporine drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Clonazepam and Natpara drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Zyrtec and Isturisa drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Strattera and Donepezil drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Flonase and Belching - 33 seconds ago
- Folate and Palynziq drug interaction - 41 seconds ago
- Olmesartan Medoxomil and Proair Hfa drug interaction - 48 seconds ago
- Gliclazide and Gammagard drug interaction - 48 seconds ago