Avonex and Carpal tunnel decompression - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Carpal tunnel decompression is found among people who take Avonex, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Avonex and have Carpal tunnel decompression. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 189,524 people who have side effects when taking Avonex from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
189,524 people reported to have side effects when taking Avonex.
Among them, 12 people (0.01%) have Carpal tunnel decompression.
What is Avonex?
Avonex has active ingredients of interferon beta 1a. It is often used in multiple sclerosis. eHealthMe is studying from 189,920 Avonex users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Carpal tunnel decompression?
Carpal tunnel decompression is found to be associated with 463 drugs and 212 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Avonex and Carpal tunnel decompression reports submitted per year:
Time on Avonex when people have Carpal tunnel decompression *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 33.33 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 66.67 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Carpal tunnel decompression when taking Avonex *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Carpal tunnel decompression when taking Avonex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 25 %
- 40-49: 25 %
- 50-59: 25 %
- 60+: 25 %
Common drugs people take besides Avonex *:
- Lasix: 4 people, 33.33%
- Desyrel: 3 people, 25.00%
- Neurontin: 3 people, 25.00%
- Lioresal: 2 people, 16.67%
- Claritin: 2 people, 16.67%
- Imuran: 2 people, 16.67%
- Diflucan: 2 people, 16.67%
- Cytotec: 2 people, 16.67%
- Nexium: 2 people, 16.67%
- Norco: 2 people, 16.67%
Common side effects people have besides Carpal tunnel decompression *:
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 4 people, 33.33%
- Paraesthesia (sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect): 3 people, 25.00%
- Increased Tendency To Bruise (increased tendency to injure the underlying soft tissue or bone): 3 people, 25.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 25.00%
- Fall: 3 people, 25.00%
- Injection Site Pain: 2 people, 16.67%
- Diplopia (double vision): 2 people, 16.67%
- Joint Pain: 2 people, 16.67%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 2 people, 16.67%
- Haemorrhagic Diathesis (bleeding tendency): 2 people, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Avonex and have Carpal tunnel decompression?Check whether Carpal tunnel decompression is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Avonex:
- Avonex (189,920 reports)
Carpal tunnel decompression treatments and more:
- Carpal tunnel decompression (1,045 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Carpal tunnel decompression:
- Carpal tunnel decompression in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Carpal tunnel decompression in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Carpal tunnel decompression in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Carpal tunnel decompression and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of interferon beta 1a:
Common drugs associated with Carpal tunnel decompression:
All the drugs that are associated with Carpal tunnel decompression:
- Carpal tunnel decompression (463 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Carpal tunnel decompression:
All the conditions that are associated with Carpal tunnel decompression:
- Carpal tunnel decompression (212 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on interferon beta 1a (the active ingredients of Avonex) and Avonex (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Revlimid and Nail Infection - 4 seconds ago
- Risedronate Sodium and Fainting - 7 seconds ago
- Orphenadrine Citrate and Tecfidera drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Chloraprep One-Step and Application Site Burn - 9 seconds ago
- Tyzine and Viral Infection - 11 seconds ago