Avonex and Sciatic nerve neuropathy - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Sciatic nerve neuropathy is found among people who take Avonex, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Avonex and have Sciatic nerve neuropathy. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 193,076 people who have side effects when taking Avonex from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
193,076 people reported to have side effects when taking Avonex.
Among them, 10 people (0.01%) have Sciatic nerve neuropathy.
What is Avonex?
Avonex has active ingredients of interferon beta 1a. It is often used in multiple sclerosis. eHealthMe is studying from 193,475 Avonex users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Sciatic nerve neuropathy?
Sciatic nerve neuropathy (sciatic nerve damage) is found to be associated with 333 drugs and 202 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Avonex and Sciatic nerve neuropathy reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Sciatic nerve neuropathy when taking Avonex *:
- female: 90 %
- male: 10 %
Age of people who have Sciatic nerve neuropathy when taking Avonex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 22.22 %
- 50-59: 55.56 %
- 60+: 22.22 %
Common drugs people take besides Avonex *:
- Xanax: 1 person, 10.00%
- Vraylar: 1 person, 10.00%
- Tysabri: 1 person, 10.00%
- Stelara: 1 person, 10.00%
- Sertraline: 1 person, 10.00%
- Adderall: 1 person, 10.00%
Common side effects people have besides Sciatic nerve neuropathy *:
- Spinal Disorder (disease of spine a back bone): 4 people, 40.00%
- Chills (felling of cold): 2 people, 20.00%
- Musculoskeletal Stiffness (stiffness of the body's muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments and nerves): 2 people, 20.00%
- Rashes (redness): 2 people, 20.00%
- Exostosis (formation of new bone on the surface of a bone): 2 people, 20.00%
- Gait Disturbance: 2 people, 20.00%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 2 people, 20.00%
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased: 1 person, 10.00%
- Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind): 1 person, 10.00%
- Hypersensitivity: 1 person, 10.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 10.00%
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (a chronic condition including attention difficulty, hyperactivity, and impulsiveness): 1 person, 10.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Avonex and have Sciatic nerve neuropathy?Check whether Sciatic nerve neuropathy is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Sciatic nerve neuropathy and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of interferon beta 1a:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Avonex:
- Avonex (193,475 reports)
Common Avonex side effects:
- Multiple sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 11,634 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 11,112 reports
- Weakness: 10,310 reports
- Memory loss: 9,871 reports
Browse all side effects of Avonex:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Sciatic nerve neuropathy treatments and more:
- Sciatic nerve neuropathy (756 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Sciatic nerve neuropathy:
- Sciatic nerve neuropathy in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Sciatic nerve neuropathy in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Sciatic nerve neuropathy in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Sciatic nerve neuropathy:
- Humira: 104 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Sciatic nerve neuropathy:
- Sciatic nerve neuropathy (333 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Sciatic nerve neuropathy:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 157 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Sciatic nerve neuropathy:
- Sciatic nerve neuropathy (202 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on interferon beta 1a (the active ingredients of Avonex) and Avonex (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- How effective is Clonazepam for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder? - 3 seconds ago
- How effective is Clonazepam for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder? - 3 seconds ago
- Casodex and Type 1 Diabetes - 4 seconds ago
- L-Lysine and Coenzyme Q10 drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Baycol and Deafness Neurosensory - 13 seconds ago
- Docetaxel and Cancer - Throat Or Larynx - 15 seconds ago
- Kakkon and Skin Hypopigmentation - 16 seconds ago
- Vision Blurred in Prednisone, how severe and when it was recovered? - 18 seconds ago
- Pergolide Mesylate and Abdominal Pain - 27 seconds ago
- Bursitis and drugs of ingredients of fluticasone furoate - 31 seconds ago