Avonex and Skin infection - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Skin infection is found among people who take Avonex, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Avonex and have Skin infection. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 189,524 people who have side effects when taking Avonex from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe enables everyone to run phase IV clinical trial to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor effectiveness. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Most recently, phase IV clinial trails for COVID 19 vaccines have been added, check here.
189,524 people reported to have side effects when taking Avonex.
Among them, 90 people (0.05%) have Skin infection.
What is Avonex?
Avonex has active ingredients of interferon beta 1a. It is often used in multiple sclerosis. eHealthMe is studying from 189,920 Avonex users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Skin infection?
Skin infection is found to be associated with 1,150 drugs and 715 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Avonex and Skin infection reports submitted per year:
Time on Avonex when people have Skin infection *:
- < 1 month: 16.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 22.22 %
- 1 - 2 years: 5.56 %
- 2 - 5 years: 22.22 %
- 5 - 10 years: 33.33 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Skin infection when taking Avonex *:
- female: 71.26 %
- male: 28.74 %
Age of people who have Skin infection when taking Avonex *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 2.7 %
- 30-39: 9.46 %
- 40-49: 20.27 %
- 50-59: 47.3 %
- 60+: 20.27 %
Common drugs people take besides Avonex *:
- Tysabri: 26 people, 28.89%
- Baclofen: 5 people, 5.56%
- Prevacid: 4 people, 4.44%
- Ampyra: 4 people, 4.44%
- Celexa: 4 people, 4.44%
- Lasix: 4 people, 4.44%
- Flonase: 3 people, 3.33%
- Plaquenil: 3 people, 3.33%
- Phenergan: 3 people, 3.33%
- Patanol: 3 people, 3.33%
Common side effects people have besides Skin infection *:
- Weakness: 13 people, 14.44%
- Influenza Like Illness: 7 people, 7.78%
- Urinary Tract Infection: 7 people, 7.78%
- Loss Of Consciousness: 7 people, 7.78%
- Pneumonia: 7 people, 7.78%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 6 people, 6.67%
- Gait Disturbance: 6 people, 6.67%
- Back Pain: 6 people, 6.67%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 6 people, 6.67%
- Rashes (redness): 5 people, 5.56%
Common conditions people have *:
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased: 1 person, 1.11%
- Pain: 1 person, 1.11%
- Oropharyngeal Pain: 1 person, 1.11%
- Oral Pain: 1 person, 1.11%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 1 person, 1.11%
- Hodgkin's Lymphoma (cancer originating from white blood cells): 1 person, 1.11%
- Gait Disturbance: 1 person, 1.11%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 1.11%
- Depression: 1 person, 1.11%
- Birth Control: 1 person, 1.11%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Avonex and have Skin infection?Check whether Skin infection is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Avonex:
- Avonex (189,920 reports)
Skin infection treatments and more:
- Skin infection (11,615 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Skin infection:
- Skin infection in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Skin infection in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Skin infection in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
How severe was Skin infection and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of interferon beta 1a:
Common drugs associated with Skin infection:
All the drugs that are associated with Skin infection:
- Skin infection (1,150 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Skin infection:
All the conditions that are associated with Skin infection:
- Skin infection (715 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on interferon beta 1a (the active ingredients of Avonex) and Avonex (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pyothorax and Pneumonia - 19 seconds ago
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (All) and Septic Shock - 28 seconds ago
- Oedema Peripheral and Face Injury - 43 seconds ago
- Hoodia and Convulsion - 58 seconds ago
- Acetaminophen And Codeine Phosphate and Appetite - Increased - 59 seconds ago