Azasan and Appetite decreased - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Appetite decreased is reported only by a few people who take Azasan.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Azasan and have Appetite decreased. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 304 people who have side effects while taking Azasan from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
304 people reported to have side effects when taking Azasan.
Among them, 2 people (0.66%) have Appetite decreased.
What is Azasan?
Azasan has active ingredients of azathioprine. eHealthMe is studying from 333 Azasan users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Appetite decreased?
Appetite decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat) is found to be associated with 4,151 drugs and 4,205 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Azasan and Appetite decreased reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Appetite decreased when taking Azasan *:
- female: 50 %
- male: 50 %
Age of people who have Appetite decreased when taking Azasan *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Azasan *:
- Zofran: 1 person, 50.00%
- Nexium: 1 person, 50.00%
- Augmentin: 1 person, 50.00%
- Clopidogrel: 1 person, 50.00%
- Compazine: 1 person, 50.00%
- Cymbalta: 1 person, 50.00%
- Fentanyl Transdermal System: 1 person, 50.00%
- Flomax: 1 person, 50.00%
- Humira: 1 person, 50.00%
- Lenvima: 1 person, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Appetite decreased *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2 people, 100.00%
- Weight Decreased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Hyperhidrosis (abnormally increased sweating): 1 person, 50.00%
- Blood Potassium Decreased: 1 person, 50.00%
- Blood Pressure Fluctuation: 1 person, 50.00%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 1 person, 50.00%
- Depression: 1 person, 50.00%
- Head Injury: 1 person, 50.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 50.00%
- Injection Site Haemorrhage (bleeding from injection site): 1 person, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Ulcerative Colitis (inflammatory bowel disease (ibd). it causes swelling, ulcerations, and loss of function of the large intestine): 1 person, 50.00%
- Thyroid Cancer: 1 person, 50.00%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 1 person, 50.00%
- Heart Attack: 1 person, 50.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 50.00%
- Depression: 1 person, 50.00%
- Colitis (inflammation of colon): 1 person, 50.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Azasan and have Appetite decreased?Check whether Appetite decreased is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Almarshad HA, "Effect of ginger rhizome extract on lymphocytopenic guinea pig with azathioprine", African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 2014 Nov .
How severe was Appetite decreased and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of azathioprine:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Azasan:
- Azasan (333 reports)
Appetite decreased treatments and more:
- Appetite decreased (201,423 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Appetite decreased:
- Appetite decreased in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Appetite decreased in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Appetite decreased in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Appetite decreased:
All the drugs that are associated with Appetite decreased:
- Appetite decreased (4,151 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Appetite decreased:
All the conditions that are associated with Appetite decreased:
- Appetite decreased (4,205 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on azathioprine (the active ingredients of Azasan) and Azasan (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Paclitaxel and Urine Phosphorus Increased - now
- Xeljanz Xr and Burning Sensation - now
- Tessalon and Discomfort - 3 seconds ago
- Pain and Herniated Nucleus Pulposus (Slipped Disk) - 5 seconds ago
- Pantoprazole and Xpovio drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Zolmitriptan vs. Lortab - 24 seconds ago
- Clarithromycin and Major Depression - 25 seconds ago
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and drugs of ingredients of pilocarpine hydrochloride - 30 seconds ago
- Serotonin Syndrome in Seroquel, how severe and when it was recovered? - 36 seconds ago
- Cefuroxime and Dapsone drug interaction - 37 seconds ago