Who have Oedema with Azathioprine sodium - from FDA reports
Oedema is found among people who take Azathioprine sodium, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Imuran, and have Hair loss. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 624 people who have side effects when taking Azathioprine sodium from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Peer to Peer mobile support
Peer support for this study is available on our Ginger Health app. It's free, anonymous and secure. The app is ideal for people taking multiple medications or having multiple conditions.
624 people reported to have side effects when taking Azathioprine sodium.
Among them, 10 people (1.6%) have Oedema
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Azathioprine sodium when people have Oedema *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Oedema when taking Azathioprine sodium *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Oedema when taking Azathioprine sodium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 11.11 %
- 20-29: 44.44 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 11.11 %
- 50-59: 11.11 %
- 60+: 22.22 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue): 3 people, 30.00%
- Raynaud's Phenomenon (discoloration of the fingers, toes, and occasionally other areas): 3 people, 30.00%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 3 people, 30.00%
- Hair Loss: 3 people, 30.00%
- Kidney Transplant: 2 people, 20.00%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 10.00%
- Pulmonary Hypertension (increase in blood pressure in the lung artery): 1 person, 10.00%
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 1 person, 10.00%
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 1 person, 10.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 1 person, 10.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vitamin B12: 4 people, 40.00%
- Imuran: 4 people, 40.00%
- Alendronate Sodium: 3 people, 30.00%
- Benlysta: 3 people, 30.00%
- Fosamax: 3 people, 30.00%
- Adalat Cc: 3 people, 30.00%
- Prednisone: 2 people, 20.00%
- Tracleer: 2 people, 20.00%
- Fosamax Plus D: 2 people, 20.00%
- Cyclosporine: 2 people, 20.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Increased: 5 people, 50.00%
- Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing): 4 people, 40.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4 people, 40.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 4 people, 40.00%
- Itching: 4 people, 40.00%
- Rashes (redness): 4 people, 40.00%
- Haematuria (presence of blood in urine): 4 people, 40.00%
- Pain: 4 people, 40.00%
- Breathing Difficulty: 4 people, 40.00%
- Dental Caries: 3 people, 30.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Oedema while taking Azathioprine sodium?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Oedema
- Subscribe to monitor Oedema in Azathioprine sodium
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Azathioprine sodium and have Oedema
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Azathioprine sodium has active ingredients of azathioprine sodium. It is often used in crohn's disease. (latest outcomes from Azathioprine sodium 635 users)
Oedema (fluid collection in tissue) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, primary pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary hypertension, pain, diabetes (latest reports from 48,244 Oedema patients).
Drugs that are associated with OedemaOedema (2,304 drugs)
Could your condition cause OedemaOedema (2,064 conditions)
Azathioprine sodium side effects
- Azathioprine sodium side effects (624 reports)
Browse by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Azathioprine sodiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Ventricular Hypertrophy with Citalopram Hydrobromide? - now
- B12 and Estrone drug interaction - a second ago
- Xyrem and Ashwagandha drug interaction - a second ago
- Desmopressin Acetate Preservative Free and Azopt drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Coughing with Elestrin? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Cough with Elestrin? - 3 seconds ago
- Amerge and Arthrotec drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Salivary Gland Cancer Stage Ii with Motofen? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Breast Pain with Prezista? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Pain - Eye with Ocular Hypertension? - 4 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 36 year old woman who takes Seasonique, Symbicort, Wellbutrin, Xyzal - 40 minutes ago
- A study for a 36 year old woman who takes Seasonique, Symbicort, Wellbutrin, Xyzal - 49 minutes ago
- A study for a 45 year old man who takes Celexa - 54 minutes ago
- A study for a 61 year old woman who takes Prolia, Levothroid - an hour ago
- A study for a 67 year old man who takes Pueraria Mirifica - 2 hours ago
- Prediction of Eliquis for a 62 year old man - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 40 year old woman who takes Nuvaring - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 79 year old man who takes Valerian, Eliquis - 8 hours ago
- A study for a 71 year old woman who takes Primidone, Dilantin - 9 hours ago
- A study for a 10 year old boy who takes Quillivant Xr - 12 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.