Azathioprine sodium and Oedema - from FDA reports
Oedema is found among people who take Azathioprine sodium, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Imuran, and have Hair loss. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 619 people who have side effects when taking Azathioprine sodium from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
619 people reported to have side effects when taking Azathioprine sodium.
Among them, 10 people (1.62%) have Oedema
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Azathioprine sodium when people have Oedema *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Oedema when taking Azathioprine sodium *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Oedema when taking Azathioprine sodium *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 11.11 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue): 3 people, 30.00%
- Raynaud's Phenomenon (discoloration of the fingers, toes, and occasionally other areas): 3 people, 30.00%
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 3 people, 30.00%
- Hair Loss: 3 people, 30.00%
- Kidney Transplant: 2 people, 20.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vitamin B12: 4 people, 40.00%
- Imuran: 4 people, 40.00%
- Alendronate Sodium: 3 people, 30.00%
- Benlysta: 3 people, 30.00%
- Fosamax: 3 people, 30.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Increased: 5 people, 50.00%
- Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing): 4 people, 40.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4 people, 40.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 4 people, 40.00%
- Itching: 4 people, 40.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Oedema while taking Azathioprine sodium?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Oedema
- Subscribe to monitor Oedema in Azathioprine sodium
You are not alone:
Azathioprine sodium has active ingredients of azathioprine sodium. It is often used in crohn's disease. (latest outcomes from Azathioprine sodium 630 users)
Oedema (fluid collection in tissue) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, primary pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary hypertension, pain, diabetes (latest reports from 46,817 Oedema patients).
Drugs that are associated with OedemaOedema (2,302 drugs)
Could your condition cause OedemaOedema (2,064 conditions)
Azathioprine sodium side effects
- Azathioprine sodium side effects (619 reports)
Browse all side effects of Azathioprine sodiuma b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Fibromyalgia with Atorvastatin Calcium? - now
- Will you have Myofascial Pain Syndrome with Atorvastatin Calcium? - now
- Will you have Immunosuppression with Norflex? - a second ago
- Will you have Fibromyositis with Atorvastatin Calcium? - a second ago
- Will you have Immunodeficiency Disorders with Norflex? - a second ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 43 year old man who takes Trazodone Hydrochloride - an hour ago
- A study for a 33 year old man who takes Trazodone Hydrochloride - an hour ago
- A study for a 53 year old man who takes Trazodone Hydrochloride - an hour ago
- Prediction of Viagra for a 44 year old man - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 33 year old woman who takes Prozac, Zyprexa, Provigil, Abilify - 2 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.