Azathioprine and Cystitis interstitial - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Cystitis interstitial is found among people who take Azathioprine, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Azathioprine and have Cystitis interstitial. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 58,922 people who have side effects when taking Azathioprine from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
58,922 people reported to have side effects when taking Azathioprine.
Among them, 6 people (0.01%) have Cystitis interstitial.
What is Azathioprine?
Azathioprine has active ingredients of azathioprine sodium. It is often used in crohn's disease. eHealthMe is studying from 59,605 Azathioprine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Cystitis interstitial?
Cystitis interstitial (unknown cause characterized by bladder pain) is found to be associated with 813 drugs and 418 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Azathioprine and Cystitis interstitial reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Cystitis interstitial when taking Azathioprine *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Cystitis interstitial when taking Azathioprine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 50 %
- 30-39: 50 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Azathioprine *:
- Janumet: 2 people, 33.33%
- Xyrem: 1 person, 16.67%
- Tylox: 1 person, 16.67%
- Pregabalin: 1 person, 16.67%
- Prednisone: 1 person, 16.67%
- Pramipexole Dihydrochloride: 1 person, 16.67%
- Oxcarbazepine: 1 person, 16.67%
- Omeprazole: 1 person, 16.67%
- Metoclopramide: 1 person, 16.67%
- Lorazepam: 1 person, 16.67%
Common side effects people have besides Cystitis interstitial *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3 people, 50.00%
- Fever: 2 people, 33.33%
- Cough: 2 people, 33.33%
- Diarrhea: 2 people, 33.33%
- Drowsiness: 2 people, 33.33%
- Drug Ineffective: 2 people, 33.33%
- Dry Eyes (lack of adequate tears): 2 people, 33.33%
- Dry Skin: 2 people, 33.33%
- The Flu (the flu is caused by an influenza virus): 2 people, 33.33%
- Gastroenteritis Salmonella (inflammation of stomach and intestine caused by salmonella bacteria): 2 people, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Scoliosis (a medical condition in which a person's spine is curved from side to side): 2 people, 33.33%
- Stress And Anxiety: 1 person, 16.67%
- Pain: 1 person, 16.67%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 1 person, 16.67%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 1 person, 16.67%
- Diabetes: 1 person, 16.67%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 1 person, 16.67%
- Abdominal Pain Upper: 1 person, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Azathioprine and have Cystitis interstitial?Check whether Cystitis interstitial is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Cystitis interstitial and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of azathioprine sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Azathioprine:
- Azathioprine (59,605 reports)
Common Azathioprine side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 8,230 reports
- Joint pain: 3,375 reports
- Diarrhea: 3,317 reports
- Fever: 3,134 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 2,780 reports
- Rashes (redness): 2,667 reports
- Crohn's disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 2,554 reports
Browse all side effects of Azathioprine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Cystitis interstitial treatments and more:
- Cystitis interstitial (6,044 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Cystitis interstitial:
- Cystitis interstitial in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Cystitis interstitial in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Cystitis interstitial in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Cystitis interstitial:
All the drugs that are associated with Cystitis interstitial:
- Cystitis interstitial (813 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Cystitis interstitial:
- Osteoporosis: 107 reports
- Narcolepsy: 102 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Cystitis interstitial:
- Cystitis interstitial (418 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on azathioprine sodium (the active ingredients of Azathioprine) and Azathioprine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Ventavis and Gastroenteritis Viral - 5 seconds ago
- Catapres-Tts-1 and Drowsiness - 13 seconds ago
- Profen and Mitral Valve Stenosis - 13 seconds ago
- Kineret and Thrombocytopenia - 14 seconds ago
- Invirase and Blood Prolactin Increased - 27 seconds ago
- Alprostadil and Vioxx drug interaction - 29 seconds ago
- Amino Acids and Panthenol drug interaction - 30 seconds ago
- Magnesium Oxide and Chlorpheniramine Maleate drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Morphine Sulfate and Plantago Ovata drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Guaifenesin and Zofran Odt drug interaction - 32 seconds ago