Azelastine hydrochloride and Heart palpitations - from FDA reports
Heart palpitations is found among people who take Azelastine hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Singulair, and have Hypersensitivity. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 884 people who have side effects when taking Azelastine hydrochloride from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
884 people reported to have side effects when taking Azelastine hydrochloride.
Among them, 10 people (1.13%) have Heart palpitations
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Azelastine hydrochloride when people have Heart palpitations *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Azelastine hydrochloride *:
- female: 66.67 %
- male: 33.33 %
Age of people who have Heart palpitations when taking Azelastine hydrochloride *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 11.11 %
- 20-29: 11.11 %
- 30-39: 11.11 %
- 40-49: 11.11 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 22.22 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hypersensitivity: 3 people, 30.00%
- Asthma: 2 people, 20.00%
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection: 1 person, 10.00%
- Tuberculosis (a bacterial infection by mycobacterium tuberculosis): 1 person, 10.00%
- Synovitis (inflammation of the synovial membrane): 1 person, 10.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prednisone: 2 people, 20.00%
- Lipitor: 2 people, 20.00%
- Fosamax: 2 people, 20.00%
- Flonase: 2 people, 20.00%
- Singulair: 2 people, 20.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Abdominal Pain Upper: 4 people, 40.00%
- Chest Pain: 4 people, 40.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 30.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 30.00%
- Abdominal Pain: 2 people, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Heart palpitations while taking Azelastine hydrochloride?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Heart palpitations
- Subscribe to monitor Heart palpitations in Azelastine hydrochloride
You are not alone:
Azelastine hydrochloride has active ingredients of azelastine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Azelastine hydrochloride 958 users)
Heart palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 92,771 Heart palpitations patients).
Drugs that are associated with Heart palpitationsHeart palpitations (3,345 drugs)
Could your condition cause Heart palpitationsHeart palpitations (2,844 conditions)
Azelastine hydrochloride side effects
- Azelastine hydrochloride side effects (884 reports)
Browse all side effects of Azelastine hydrochloridea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Aortic Embolus with Gabapentin? - a second ago
- Delsym and Levaquin drug interaction - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Cataract Extraction with Triphasil-21? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Acute Kidney Failure with Clorazepate Dipotassium? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Renal Failure - Acute with Clorazepate Dipotassium? - 2 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 18 year old girl who takes Keflex - an hour ago
- A study for a 58 year old man who takes Otezla - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 12 year old girl who takes Vyvanse, Lexapro - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 63 year old man who takes Losartan, Zocor - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 36 year old woman who takes Atarax - 4 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.