Azulfidine and Muscle aches - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Muscle aches is found among people who take Azulfidine, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Azulfidine and have Muscle aches. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,443 people who have side effects when taking Azulfidine from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
7,443 people reported to have side effects when taking Azulfidine.
Among them, 58 people (0.78%) have Muscle aches.
What is Azulfidine?
Azulfidine has active ingredients of sulfasalazine. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 7,319 Azulfidine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Muscle aches?
Muscle aches (muscle pain) is found to be associated with 3,726 drugs and 3,523 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Azulfidine and Muscle aches reports submitted per year:
Time on Azulfidine when people have Muscle aches *:
- < 1 month: 28.57 %
- 1 - 6 months: 42.86 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 14.29 %
- 2 - 5 years: 7.14 %
- 5 - 10 years: 7.14 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Muscle aches when taking Azulfidine *:
- female: 68.97 %
- male: 31.03 %
Age of people who have Muscle aches when taking Azulfidine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 5.45 %
- 20-29: 1.82 %
- 30-39: 34.55 %
- 40-49: 23.64 %
- 50-59: 16.36 %
- 60+: 18.18 %
Common drugs people take besides Azulfidine *:
- Humira: 18 people, 31.03%
- Methotrexate: 17 people, 29.31%
- Folic Acid: 17 people, 29.31%
- Allegra: 16 people, 27.59%
- Maxalt: 16 people, 27.59%
- Fish Oil: 13 people, 22.41%
- Zelnorm: 12 people, 20.69%
- Nexium: 12 people, 20.69%
- Skelaxin: 12 people, 20.69%
- Niacin: 12 people, 20.69%
Common side effects people have besides Muscle aches *:
- Headache (pain in head): 25 people, 43.10%
- Fever: 23 people, 39.66%
- Weakness: 22 people, 37.93%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 21 people, 36.21%
- Joint Pain: 20 people, 34.48%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 20 people, 34.48%
- Pain In Extremity: 17 people, 29.31%
- Back Pain: 16 people, 27.59%
- Dizziness: 14 people, 24.14%
- Diarrhea: 14 people, 24.14%
Common conditions people have *:
- Headache (pain in head): 16 people, 27.59%
- Pain: 14 people, 24.14%
- Gastric Ulcer (stomach ulcer): 12 people, 20.69%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 12 people, 20.69%
- Hypersensitivity: 12 people, 20.69%
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 12 people, 20.69%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 12 people, 20.69%
- Cardiac Disorder: 7 people, 12.07%
- Herpes Virus Infection: 6 people, 10.34%
- Lupus Nephritis (a chronic inflammatory autoimmune disorder that may affect kidney tissue): 6 people, 10.34%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Azulfidine and have Muscle aches?Check whether Muscle aches is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Muscle aches and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of sulfasalazine:
- Muscle aches and drugs with ingredients of sulfasalazine (564 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Azulfidine:
- Azulfidine (7,319 reports)
Common Azulfidine side effects:
Browse all side effects of Azulfidine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Muscle aches treatments and more:
- Muscle aches (181,684 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Muscle aches:
- Muscle aches in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Muscle aches in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Muscle aches in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Muscle aches:
All the drugs that are associated with Muscle aches:
- Muscle aches (3,726 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Muscle aches:
All the conditions that are associated with Muscle aches:
- Muscle aches (3,523 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on sulfasalazine (the active ingredients of Azulfidine) and Azulfidine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Fatigue and Gastrointestinal Inflammation - a second ago
- Lung Cancer - Non-Small Cell and Gastrointestinal Inflammation - 17 seconds ago
- Xalatan and Trazodone Hydrochloride drug interaction - 31 seconds ago
- Cervicobrachial Syndrome and drugs of ingredients of trazodone hydrochloride - 32 seconds ago
- Danocrine and Crohn'S Disease - 33 seconds ago
- Dupixent and Abnormal Faeces - 38 seconds ago
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Irritability - 40 seconds ago
- Verelan and Prozac drug interaction - 44 seconds ago
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension and Paranasal Sinus Hypersecretion - 55 seconds ago
- Temsirolimus and Cefuroxime drug interaction - a minute ago