Azulfidine and Rheumatoid arthritis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Rheumatoid arthritis is found among people who take Azulfidine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Azulfidine and have Rheumatoid arthritis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 7,219 people who have side effects when taking Azulfidine from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
7,219 people reported to have side effects when taking Azulfidine.
Among them, 254 people (3.52%) have Rheumatoid arthritis.
What is Azulfidine?
Azulfidine has active ingredients of sulfasalazine. It is often used in rheumatoid arthritis. eHealthMe is studying from 7,319 Azulfidine users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Rheumatoid arthritis?
Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints) is found to be associated with 2,720 drugs and 1,954 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Azulfidine and Rheumatoid arthritis reports submitted per year:
Time on Azulfidine when people have Rheumatoid arthritis *:
Gender of people who have Rheumatoid arthritis when taking Azulfidine*:
Age of people who have Rheumatoid arthritis when taking Azulfidine *:
Common drugs people take besides Azulfidine *:
Common side effects people have besides Rheumatoid arthritis *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Azulfidine and have Rheumatoid arthritis?Check whether Rheumatoid arthritis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Mathai, P. C., Andrade, N. N., Aggarwal, N., Nerurkar, S., & Kapoor, P. , "Low-dose methotrexate in rheumatoid arthritis: a potential risk factor for bisphosphonate-induced osteonecrosis of the jaw", Oral and maxillofacial surgery, 2018 Jan .
- Azuma N, Matsui K, Hashimoto N, Yoshikawa T, Sano H, "Successful Switch to Golimumab for Eosinophilia and Skin Symptoms Related to Multiple Biologics in a Patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis", Internal Medicine, 2017 Jun .
- Saif MW, "Rheumatoid arthritis associated with the use of Sandostatin? LAR? depot in a patient with pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor", An association or a coincidence? The first case report, 2017 Jan .
- Ahmed AB, Radwan AM, Baddary HM, "Prevalence of Generalized Anxiety Disorder in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis and its Relationship with Disease Activity", The Egyptian Journal of Hospital Medicine, 2016 Jan .
How severe was Rheumatoid arthritis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of sulfasalazine:
- Rheumatoid arthritis and drugs with ingredients of sulfasalazine (4,161 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Azulfidine:
- Azulfidine (7,319 reports)
Common Azulfidine side effects:
Browse all side effects of Azulfidine:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Rheumatoid arthritis treatments and more:
- Rheumatoid arthritis (947,558 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Rheumatoid arthritis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Rheumatoid arthritis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Rheumatoid arthritis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Rheumatoid arthritis:
All the drugs that are associated with Rheumatoid arthritis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis (2,720 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Rheumatoid arthritis:
All the conditions that are associated with Rheumatoid arthritis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis (1,954 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on sulfasalazine (the active ingredients of Azulfidine) and Azulfidine (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Axitinib and Cardiotoxicity - now
- Cogentin and Movement - Uncontrolled Or Slow - 8 seconds ago
- Citalopram Hydrobromide and Calcium Ionised Abnormal - 13 seconds ago
- Nuvaring and Hypokinesia - 21 seconds ago
- Mentha Piperita and Fatigue - 23 seconds ago
- High Blood Cholesterol and drugs of ingredients of tramadol hydrochloride - 28 seconds ago
- Xyzal and Erythromycin Ethylsuccinate drug interaction - 29 seconds ago
- Myopathy and drugs of ingredients of spironolactone - 32 seconds ago
- Bactroban and Oral Candidiasis - 35 seconds ago
- Ceftin and Drug Administration Error - 35 seconds ago