Bactrim ds and Bunion - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Bunion is reported only by a few people who take Bactrim Ds.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Bactrim ds and have Bunion. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 14,327 people who have side effects while taking Bactrim ds from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
14,327 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim ds.
Among them, 5 people (0.03%) have Bunion.
What is Bactrim ds?
Bactrim ds has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. eHealthMe is studying from 14,267 Bactrim ds users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Bunion?
Bunion (a painful swelling on the first joint of the big toe) is found to be associated with 519 drugs and 299 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Bactrim ds and Bunion reports submitted per year:
Time on Bactrim ds when people have Bunion *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Bunion when taking Bactrim ds *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Bunion when taking Bactrim ds *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 60 %
- 20-29: 20 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 20 %
- 60+: 0.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Bactrim ds *:
- Accutane: 4 people, 80.00%
- Dilantin: 1 person, 20.00%
- Clonazepam: 1 person, 20.00%
- Colace: 1 person, 20.00%
- Combivent: 1 person, 20.00%
- Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride: 1 person, 20.00%
- Cymbalta: 1 person, 20.00%
- Depakote: 1 person, 20.00%
- Diflucan: 1 person, 20.00%
- Doxycycline Hyclate: 1 person, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Bunion *:
- High Blood Cholesterol: 5 people, 100.00%
- Chest Pain: 5 people, 100.00%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 5 people, 100.00%
- Dizziness: 5 people, 100.00%
- Depression: 5 people, 100.00%
- Breathing Difficulty: 5 people, 100.00%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 5 people, 100.00%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4 people, 80.00%
- Gastritis (inflammation of stomach): 4 people, 80.00%
- Gastrointestinal Disorder (functional problems of gastrointestinal tract): 4 people, 80.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 3 people, 60.00%
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 1 person, 20.00%
- Hypersensitivity: 1 person, 20.00%
- Asthma: 1 person, 20.00%
- Breathing Difficulty: 1 person, 20.00%
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the mucous membrane in the bronchial tubes): 1 person, 20.00%
- Chest Pain: 1 person, 20.00%
- Constipation: 1 person, 20.00%
- Cough: 1 person, 20.00%
- Depression: 1 person, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Bactrim ds and have Bunion?Check whether Bunion is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Bunion and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Bactrim ds:
- Bactrim ds (14,267 reports)
Common Bactrim ds side effects:
Browse all side effects of Bactrim ds:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Bunion treatments and more:
- Bunion (1,593 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Bunion:
- Bunion in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Bunion in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Bunion in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Bunion:
- Alendronate sodium: 145 reports
- Boniva: 150 reports
- Enbrel: 233 reports
- Fosamax: 598 reports
- Humira: 139 reports
- Methotrexate: 143 reports
- Prednisone: 134 reports
- Vioxx: 114 reports
- Vitamins: 132 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Bunion:
- Bunion (519 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Bunion:
All the conditions that are associated with Bunion:
- Bunion (299 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim (the active ingredients of Bactrim ds) and Bactrim ds (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Gemzar and Zieve Syndrome - now
- Insomnia and Lower Extremity Mass - a second ago
- Cow'S Milk Intolerance and drugs of ingredients of zolpidem tartrate - 3 seconds ago
- Osteopenia and Blister - 10 seconds ago
- Miralax and Vein Disorder - 10 seconds ago
- Enulose and Metastases To Bone - 11 seconds ago
- Emend and Delirium - 11 seconds ago
- Folic Acid and Risperdal Consta drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Angina Pectoris Aggravated and Coronary Heart Disease - 27 seconds ago
- Famciclovir and Hallucinations Aggravated - 27 seconds ago