Bactrim and Nausea - from FDA reports
Nausea is found among people who take Bactrim, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prednisone, and have Hiv infection. This review analyzes which people have Nausea with Bactrim. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 42,323 people who have side effects when taking Bactrim from FDA, and is updated regularly.
42,323 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim.
Among them, 2,844 people (6.72%) have Nausea
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Bactrim when people have Nausea *:
- < 1 month: 71.52 %
- 1 - 6 months: 16.41 %
- 6 - 12 months: 2.48 %
- 1 - 2 years: 5.26 %
- 2 - 5 years: 2.79 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.93 %
- 10+ years: 0.62 %
Gender of people who have Nausea when taking Bactrim *:
- female: 55.36 %
- male: 44.64 %
Age of people who have Nausea when taking Bactrim *:
- 0-1: 0.09 %
- 2-9: 1.71 %
- 10-19: 6.3 %
- 20-29: 7.92 %
- 30-39: 12.89 %
- 40-49: 21.5 %
- 50-59: 18.72 %
- 60+: 30.88 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hiv Infection: 244 people, 8.58%
- Pain: 172 people, 6.05%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 166 people, 5.84%
- Preventive Health Care: 143 people, 5.03%
- High Blood Pressure: 122 people, 4.29%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prednisone: 319 people, 11.22%
- Lasix: 272 people, 9.56%
- Zofran: 259 people, 9.11%
- Prilosec: 245 people, 8.61%
- Diflucan: 201 people, 7.07%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea And Vomiting: 1,227 people, 43.14%
- Diarrhea: 660 people, 23.21%
- Fever: 602 people, 21.17%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 576 people, 20.25%
- Weakness: 524 people, 18.42%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Experience matters! A new approach to health care:
What's next: manage your medications
- Subscribe to monitor Nausea in Bactrim
- Subscribe to monitor Bactrim
- Order discounted lab tests to monitor your medications, no doctor referral required
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Nausea
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Bactrim has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Bactrim 44,580 users)
Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure (latest reports from 473,295 Nausea patients).
Drugs that are associated with NauseaNausea (4,315 drugs)
Could your condition cause NauseaNausea (5,408 conditions)
Bactrim side effects
- Bactrim side effects (42,346 reports)
Browse all side effects of Bactrima b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Bactrim and have Nausea
- Support group for people who have Nausea
- Support group for people who take Bactrim
You may be interested in these posts
- Hi, I'm Annie. I was diagnosed with Prinzmetal Angina roughly two years ago (after 30 years or more of misdiagnoses). I suffered from severe migraine as a child.
- Kathleen here. Going on bactim for 7 days. And another potent antibacterial one
- I took Bactrim D'S for two doses, which is 4 pills. This was prescribed originally for a skin infection. After the second day of taking Bactrim I came down with a sore throat I couldn't even swallow there were red and white bumps all down my throat to my pharynx. Along with that as if the nausea...
- I had never taken this drug before & found I was allergic to it after taking 4 days of the 6 day prescription. I lost quite a bit of strength where I could barely walk. After seeing my doctor the next day I woke up with a itchy rash all over head to toe. I call my doctor & ofcourse was put on...
- I have been on cellcept for almost 2 years, and am having nausea.
- Will you have Pneumocystis Carinii Pneumonia with Enbrel?
- Will you have Polycythemia Vera with Baclofen?
- Will you have Overdose with Dothiepin Hydrochloride?
- Will you have Renal Transplant with Zopiclone?
- Will you have Sleep Sex with Diabetes?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Enbrel and have Pneumocystis Carinii Pneumonia?
- Support group for people who take Baclofen and have Polycythemia Vera?
- Support group for people who take Dothiepin Hydrochloride and have Overdose?
- Support group for people who take Zopiclone and have Renal Transplant?
- Support group for people who have Diabetes and Sleep Sex?
- Hi. I am Dave 67 year old caucasian male on Coumadin for more than 5 years because of 2 DVTs and 1...
- Hi, My name is Eileen, l have just started taking Eliquis, l am not happy with it as l have a...
- Hi I have been on citalopram 20 mg and mirtzapine 15 mg. for sleep for 1 month. Want to withdraw...
- Genvoya works well for my viral loads however I think it may be causing me severe itching -- not...
- Hi I have been told by a urologist that my frequent urination, urgency and cystitis is an over...
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.