Bactrim and Nervousness - from FDA reports
Nervousness is found among people who take Bactrim, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zoloft, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Nervousness with Bactrim. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 42,323 people who have side effects when taking Bactrim from FDA , and is updated regularly.
42,323 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim.
Among them, 158 people (0.37%) have Nervousness
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Bactrim when people have Nervousness *:
- < 1 month: 87.5 %
- 1 - 6 months: 12.5 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Nervousness when taking Bactrim *:
- female: 64.1 %
- male: 35.9 %
Age of people who have Nervousness when taking Bactrim *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 1.46 %
- 10-19: 4.38 %
- 20-29: 2.92 %
- 30-39: 20.44 %
- 40-49: 8.76 %
- 50-59: 27.01 %
- 60+: 35.04 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure: 21 people, 13.29%
- Malaria (a parasitic disease due to mosquito bite): 17 people, 10.76%
- Vestibular Disorder (disorders of the body's balance (vestibular) system in the inner ear): 16 people, 10.13%
- Enteritis Infectious (infection with feline parvovirus (fpv), also known as feline panleucopenia virus): 16 people, 10.13%
- Convulsion (muscles contract and relax rapidly and repeatedly, resulting in an uncontrolled shaking of the body): 16 people, 10.13%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xanax: 29 people, 18.35%
- Zoloft: 29 people, 18.35%
- Ambien: 22 people, 13.92%
- Biaxin: 20 people, 12.66%
- Levaquin: 20 people, 12.66%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 66 people, 41.77%
- Headache (pain in head): 55 people, 34.81%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 52 people, 32.91%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 50 people, 31.65%
- Hypoaesthesia (reduced sense of touch or sensation): 48 people, 30.38%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Bactrim and have Nervousness?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Nervousness
- Get paid with your care experience as a Care Guide
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Bactrim has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Bactrim 44,580 users)
Nervousness has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, quit smoking, pain (latest reports from 44,969 Nervousness patients).
Drugs that are associated with NervousnessNervousness (2,289 drugs)
Could your condition cause NervousnessNervousness (1,760 conditions)
Bactrim side effects
- Bactrim side effects (42,346 reports)
Browse all side effects of Bactrima b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Bactrim and have Nervousness
- Support group for people who have Nervousness
- Support group for people who take Bactrim
You may be interested in these posts
- Hello, my name is Sue, I took Bactrim for about 3 months and even though I have been off it for about a week now I still can't taste Foods very much, just wondering how long this will last. Any ideas?
- I have Reynauds and multiple other conditions.
- I was prescribed Bactrim after vaginal mesh surgery created multiple uti I was on it for 5 years. Now I have been diagnosed with pat, pvc, and pac of the heart. Could long term Bactrim use be the culprit?
- Just started taking my first 2 doses of bactrim Ds 800 for a prolonged illness in my lungs. Given to me by an infectious disease specialist along with Amoxicillin. My throat is super dry and tongue feels soreness and diahrea. Dhould i be concerned
- I was supposed to start my period in the next couple days before starting on Baxtrim. I never got my period and now it is late by 7 days. I took Baxtrim for 5 days to cure a UTI.
- Will you have Apraxia with Tacrolimus?
- Will you have Emesis with Sennosides?
- Will you have Sudden Death with Disulfiram?
- Will you have Bruxism with Bactroban?
- Will you have Prostatomegaly with Lansoprazole?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Tacrolimus and have Apraxia?
- Support group for people who take Sennosides and have Emesis?
- Support group for people who take Disulfiram and have Sudden Death?
- Support group for people who take Bactroban and have Bruxism?
- Support group for people who take Lansoprazole and have Prostatomegaly?
- What to expect when you take Tacrolimus and have Apraxia?
- What to expect when you take Sennosides and have Emesis?
- What to expect when you take Disulfiram and have Sudden Death?
- What to expect when you take Bactroban and have Bruxism?
- What to expect when you take Lansoprazole and have Prostatomegaly?
- A study for a 50 year old woman who takes Synthroid, Singulair
- A study for a 13 year old boy who takes Ziprasidone Hydrochloride
- A study for a 10 year old boy who takes Quillivant Xr
- A study for a 72 year old man who takes Ramipril
- A study for a 52 year old woman who takes Vagifem
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.