Bactrim and Oral soft tissue disorder - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Oral soft tissue disorder is found among people who take Bactrim, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Bactrim and have Oral soft tissue disorder. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 75,954 people who have side effects when taking Bactrim from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
75,954 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim.
Among them, 12 people (0.02%) have Oral soft tissue disorder.
What is Bactrim?
Bactrim has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. eHealthMe is studying from 78,455 Bactrim users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Oral soft tissue disorder?
Oral soft tissue disorder (oral soft tissue disease) is found to be associated with 397 drugs and 196 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Bactrim and Oral soft tissue disorder reports submitted per year:
Time on Bactrim when people have Oral soft tissue disorder *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Oral soft tissue disorder when taking Bactrim *:
- female: 20 %
- male: 80 %
Age of people who have Oral soft tissue disorder when taking Bactrim *:
- 0-1: 12.5 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 12.5 %
- 40-49: 37.5 %
- 50-59: 12.5 %
- 60+: 25.0 %
Common drugs people take besides Bactrim *:
- Truvada: 3 people, 25.00%
- Gabapentin: 2 people, 16.67%
- Azithromycin: 2 people, 16.67%
- Fuzeon: 2 people, 16.67%
- Hydrocortisone: 2 people, 16.67%
- Kaletra: 2 people, 16.67%
- Lasix: 2 people, 16.67%
- Loratadine: 2 people, 16.67%
- Mesna: 2 people, 16.67%
- Nicotine: 2 people, 16.67%
Common side effects people have besides Oral soft tissue disorder *:
- Pneumonia: 5 people, 41.67%
- Fever: 3 people, 25.00%
- Erythema Multiforme (a type of hypersensitivity reaction): 3 people, 25.00%
- Blister (small pocket of fluid within the upper layers of the skin caused by forceful rubbing (friction), burning, freezing, chemical exposure): 3 people, 25.00%
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 3 people, 25.00%
- Renal Failure Acute (rapid kidney dysfunction): 3 people, 25.00%
- Confusional State: 2 people, 16.67%
- Gingival Bleeding (bleeding gums): 2 people, 16.67%
- Face Oedema (swelling of face): 2 people, 16.67%
- Drug Toxicity: 2 people, 16.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Rashes (redness): 2 people, 16.67%
- Pneumocystis Jiroveci Pneumonia (fungal infection of the lungs): 2 people, 16.67%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 2 people, 16.67%
- Mycobacterium Avium Complex Infection: 2 people, 16.67%
- Hiv Infection: 2 people, 16.67%
- Cough: 2 people, 16.67%
- Allergic Rhinitis: 2 people, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Bactrim and have Oral soft tissue disorder?Check whether Oral soft tissue disorder is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Oral soft tissue disorder and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Bactrim:
- Bactrim (78,455 reports)
Common Bactrim side effects:
Browse all side effects of Bactrim:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Oral soft tissue disorder treatments and more:
- Oral soft tissue disorder (565 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Oral soft tissue disorder:
- Oral soft tissue disorder in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Oral soft tissue disorder in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Oral soft tissue disorder in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Oral soft tissue disorder:
All the drugs that are associated with Oral soft tissue disorder:
- Oral soft tissue disorder (397 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Oral soft tissue disorder:
- Oral soft tissue disorder (196 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim (the active ingredients of Bactrim) and Bactrim (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Perphenazine and Abdominal Distension - 6 seconds ago
- Crestor vs. Inderal - 9 seconds ago
- Vibramycin and Peridex drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Lovenox and Taste Disturbance - 35 seconds ago
- Isentress and Zide drug interaction - 36 seconds ago
- Elmiron and Back Disorder - 47 seconds ago
- Probenecid and Combivent drug interaction - a minute ago
- Tracleer and Vaginal Bleeding Between Periods - a minute ago
- Cisplatin and Anion Gap Increased - a minute ago
- Lotrisone and Zide drug interaction - 2 minutes ago