Bactrim and Pancreatitis - from FDA reports
Pancreatitis is found among people who take Bactrim, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Kaletra, and have Hiv infection. This review analyzes which people have Pancreatitis with Bactrim. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 42,323 people who have side effects when taking Bactrim from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 21, 2017
42,323 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim.
Among them, 578 people (1.37%) have Pancreatitis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Bactrim when people have Pancreatitis *:
- < 1 month: 69.23 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 1.92 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 3.85 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Bactrim *:
- female: 33.98 %
- male: 66.02 %
Age of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Bactrim *:
- 0-1: 0.58 %
- 2-9: 6.43 %
- 10-19: 10.14 %
- 20-29: 6.24 %
- 30-39: 18.52 %
- 40-49: 25.93 %
- 50-59: 15.79 %
- 60+: 16.37 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Hiv Infection (134 people, 23.18%)
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (all) (35 people, 6.06%)
- Multiple Myeloma (27 people, 4.67%)
- Pain (26 people, 4.50%)
- Preventive Health Care (25 people, 4.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Kaletra (66 people, 11.42%)
- Zofran (64 people, 11.07%)
- Fluconazole (61 people, 10.55%)
- Diflucan (60 people, 10.38%)
- Zerit (54 people, 9.34%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Decreased (71 people, 12.28%)
- Lipase Increased (71 people, 12.28%)
- Nausea (70 people, 12.11%)
- Weakness (62 people, 10.73%)
- Nausea And Vomiting (62 people, 10.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Pancreatitis when taking Bactrim?
- Check symptoms - is pancreatitis caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsPancreatitis and drugs with ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMePancreatitis and Bactrim from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Bactrim has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Bactrim 44,576 users)
Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, depression, high blood pressure, diabetes, pain (latest reports from 38,720 Pancreatitis patients).
Browse all side effects of Bactrima b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with PancreatitisPancreatitis
Could your condition cause PancreatitisPancreatitis
What would happen?
Questions to the study
Could this cause a decrease of GFR and elevated creatinine? Hemolysis index was also elevated. I was only on Bactrim 2 days and used to be able to tolerate it. This time I was in the ER because of shakiness, dizziness, poor cognition. They found my GFR was 48 - one month ago it was normal. ...
I am 27 and have been on Bactrim for about 7 weeks due to a Staph Infection after a Felon in my finger. I have lost 25lbs in this time and it is starting to worry me. I haven't weighed 175lb since the 7th grade. Anyone have any insight or experiences like this on Bactrim?
I am suffering from short term memory loss after taking the antibiotic Bactrim. When I tell my doctor about the systems they tell me I do not know what I am talking about. As anyone had the same happen?