Will you have Vocal cord paralysis with Bactrim - from FDA reports
Vocal cord paralysis is found among people who take Bactrim, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Prednisone, and have Acute lymphocytic leukaemia recurrent. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 50,839 people who have side effects when taking Bactrim from FDA, and is updated regularly.
eHealthMe is a health data analysis company based in Mountain View, California. eHealthMe monitors and analyzes the outcomes of drugs and supplements that are currently on the market. The results are readily available to health care professionals and consumers.
eHealthMe has released original studies on market drugs and worked with leading universities and institutions such as IBM, London Health Science Centre, Mayo Clinic, Northwestern University and VA. eHealthMe studies have now been referenced in over 500 peer-reviewed medical publications.
How we gather our data?
Healthcare data is obtained from a number of sources including the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This information is aggregated and used to produce personalized reports that patients can reference.
The information that eHealthMe collects includes:
- Side effects (including severity and how people recover from them)
- Associated conditions or symptoms
- Drug effectiveness
- Demographic data regarding drug use
How the study uses the data?
The study is based on sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim (the active ingredients of Bactrim) and Bactrim (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Synonyms of Vocal cord paralysis are also considered in the study.
What is Bactrim?
Bactrim has active ingredients of sulfamethoxazole; trimethoprim. It is often used in urinary tract infection. (latest outcomes from Bactrim 53,096 users)
What is Vocal cord paralysis?
Vocal cord paralysis has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, depression, osteoporosis, breast cancer metastatic, high blood pressure (latest reports from 1,730 Vocal cord paralysis patients).
How to use the study?
Patients can bring a copy of the report to their healthcare provider to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood. It is recommended that patients use the information presented as a part of a broader decision-making process.
50,839 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactrim.
Among them, 10 people (0.02%) have Vocal cord paralysis
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Bactrim when people have Vocal cord paralysis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Vocal cord paralysis when taking Bactrim *:
- female: 70 %
- male: 30 %
Age of people who have Vocal cord paralysis when taking Bactrim *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 20 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 20 %
- 50-59: 10 %
- 60+: 50 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Peripheral T-Cell Lymphoma Unspecified (peripheral t-cell cancer unspecified): 1 person, 10.00%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 1 person, 10.00%
- Burkitt Lymphoma (cancer of the lymphatic system): 1 person, 10.00%
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia (All) (cancer of the white blood cells characterized by excess lymphoblasts): 1 person, 10.00%
- Acute Lymphocytic Leukaemia Recurrent (cancer in which the bone marrow makes too many lymphocytes-recurrent): 1 person, 10.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prednisone: 5 people, 50.00%
- Fluconazole: 3 people, 30.00%
- Lantus: 2 people, 20.00%
- Rapamune: 2 people, 20.00%
- Neoral: 2 people, 20.00%
- Colace: 2 people, 20.00%
- Calcium Carbonate: 2 people, 20.00%
- Dronabinol: 2 people, 20.00%
- Protonix: 2 people, 20.00%
- Ganciclovir Sodium: 2 people, 20.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 4 people, 40.00%
- Retroperitoneal Haematoma (blood clot between the peritoneum and the posterior abdominal wall): 2 people, 20.00%
- Haemolytic Uraemic Syndrome (blood clotting disease caused by e. coli infection, birth control pills, pneumonia, medications, and more): 2 people, 20.00%
- Jugular Vein Thrombosis (clot in jugular vein): 2 people, 20.00%
- Mediastinal Haematoma (blood clot in mediastinum): 2 people, 20.00%
- Gastritis Haemorrhagic (inflammation of stomach with bleeding): 2 people, 20.00%
- Gastric Ulcer (stomach ulcer): 2 people, 20.00%
- Fever: 2 people, 20.00%
- Epstein-Barr Virus Infection: 2 people, 20.00%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 2 people, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you have Vocal cord paralysis while taking Bactrim?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Vocal cord paralysis
- Subscribe to monitor Vocal cord paralysis in Bactrim
- Subscribe to monitor Bactrim
You are not alone:
- Connect with people like you who take Bactrim and have Vocal cord paralysis
- Use your healthcare experience to help people like you, and be rewarded
Drugs that are associated with Vocal cord paralysisVocal cord paralysis (707 drugs)
Could your condition cause Vocal cord paralysisVocal cord paralysis (409 conditions)
Bactrim side effects
- Bactrim side effects (50,862 reports)
Browse side effects by gender and age
Browse all side effects of Bactrima b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Compare Bactrim with similar drugs
- Bactrim vs. Amoxicillin
- Bactrim vs. Amoxicillin and clavulanate potassium
- Bactrim vs. Amoxil
- Bactrim vs. Augmentin
- Bactrim vs. Augmentin '500'
- Bactrim vs. Augmentin '875'
- Bactrim vs. Azithromycin
- Bactrim vs. Ceftin
- Bactrim vs. Cefuroxime
- Bactrim vs. Cefuroxime axetil
- Bactrim vs. Cephalexin
- Bactrim vs. Cipro
- Bactrim vs. Ciprofloxacin
- Bactrim vs. Ciprofloxacin hydrochloride
- Bactrim vs. Cipro hc
- Bactrim vs. Cranberry
- Bactrim vs. Cranberry extract
- Bactrim vs. Cranberry fruit
- Bactrim vs. Doxycycline
- Bactrim vs. Doxycycline hyclate
- Bactrim vs. Elmiron
- Bactrim vs. Flagyl
- Bactrim vs. Flomax
- Bactrim vs. Furadantin
- Bactrim vs. Gentamicin
- Bactrim vs. Gentamicin sulfate
- Bactrim vs. Hiprex
- Bactrim vs. Keflex
- Bactrim vs. Levaquin
- Bactrim vs. Levofloxacin
- Bactrim vs. Macrobid
- Bactrim vs. Macrodantin
- Bactrim vs. Methenamine hippurate
- Bactrim vs. Nitrofurantoin
- Bactrim vs. Nitrofurantoin macrocrystalline
- Bactrim vs. Norfloxacin
- Bactrim vs. Noroxin
- Bactrim vs. Ofloxacin
- Bactrim vs. Phenazopyridine hcl
- Bactrim vs. Phenazopyridine hcl tab
- Bactrim vs. Phentermine hydrochloride
- Bactrim vs. Primsol
- Bactrim vs. Pyridium
- Bactrim vs. Rocephin
- Bactrim vs. Sulfamethoxazole
- Bactrim vs. Trimethoprim
- Bactrim vs. Vagifem
- Bactrim vs. Vitamin c
- Bactrim vs. Zithromax
What would happen?
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Recent general studies
- Will you have Rosacea with Guar Gum? - now
- Will you have Fanconi Syndrome Acquired with Effexor Xr? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Idiopathic Capillaritis with Cabergoline? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Stroke Secondary To Carotid Stenosis with Carvedilol? - 3 seconds ago
- Symbicort and Fluor-Op drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Human Chorionic Gonadotropin Abnormal with Axiron? - 4 seconds ago
- Will you have Anal Candidiasis with Gravol? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Welts with Phoslo? - 5 seconds ago
- Will you have Angioneurotic Edema with Phoslo? - 5 seconds ago
- Fioricet and Ativan drug interaction - 5 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 50 year old man who takes Symbicort, Singulair - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 39 year old man who takes Buprenorphine Hydrochloride; Naloxone Hydrochloride - 3 hours ago
- A study for a 72 year old woman who takes Oxybutynin Chloride - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 73 year old man who takes Coq-10, Metoprolol Succinate, Probiotic, Atorvastatin Calcium, Bayer Low Dose Aspirin (81mg Aspirin), Metformin Hydrochloride, Magnesium, Pantoprazole, Incruse Ellipta - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 73 year old man who takes Suprep Bowel Prep Kit, Valsartan - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 52 year old woman who takes Methotrexate, Kenalog - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 47 year old man who takes Keppra, Fluoxetine - 6 hours ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Valproic Acid - 15 hours ago
- A study for a 59 year old woman who takes Valproic Acid - 15 hours ago
- A study for a 18 year old girl who takes Nortriptyline Hydrochloride - 16 hours ago
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.