Bactroban and Gangrene - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 4,735 people who have side effects when taking Bactroban. Gangrene is found, especially among people who are female, 40-49 old, also take Mupirocin and have Constipation.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Bactroban and have Gangrene. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,735 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactroban.
Among them, 15 people (0.32%) have Gangrene.
What is Bactroban?
Bactroban has active ingredients of mupirocin. It is used in infection. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 4,782 Bactroban users.
What is Gangrene?
Gangrene (body tissue dies) is found to be associated with 1,270 drugs and 717 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 6,984 people who have Gangrene.
Number of Bactroban and Gangrene reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Gangrene when taking Bactroban *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Gangrene when taking Bactroban *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 66.67 %
- 50-59: 6.67 %
- 60+: 26.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Bactroban *:
- Mupirocin: 11 people, 73.33%
- Neurontin: 7 people, 46.67%
- Valium: 7 people, 46.67%
- Ms Contin: 7 people, 46.67%
- Dilaudid: 7 people, 46.67%
- Topamax: 7 people, 46.67%
- Aspirin: 5 people, 33.33%
- Lasix: 5 people, 33.33%
- Magnesium Sulfate: 4 people, 26.67%
- Lopressor: 4 people, 26.67%
Common side effects people have besides Gangrene *:
- Abasia (inability to walk): 7 people, 46.67%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 7 people, 46.67%
- Weight Decreased: 7 people, 46.67%
- Blood Potassium Decreased: 7 people, 46.67%
- Breathing Difficulty: 7 people, 46.67%
- Burns Second Degree: 7 people, 46.67%
- Fluid Retention (an abnormal accumulation of fluid in the blood): 7 people, 46.67%
- Weight Increased: 6 people, 40.00%
- Acute Kidney Failure: 5 people, 33.33%
- Anaemia (lack of blood): 5 people, 33.33%
Common conditions people have *:
- Serratia Sepsis (a bacterial whole body inflammation): 3 people, 20.00%
- Raynaud's Phenomenon (discoloration of the fingers, toes, and occasionally other areas): 3 people, 20.00%
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (primary high blood pressure that affects the arteries in the lungs and the right side of your heart): 3 people, 20.00%
- Pain: 3 people, 20.00%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 3 people, 20.00%
- Indigestion: 3 people, 20.00%
- Constipation: 3 people, 20.00%
- Hypercoagulation (increased tendency for clotting of the blood): 1 person, 6.67%
- Bleeding Disorders: 1 person, 6.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Bactroban and have Gangrene?Check whether Gangrene is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Bactroban side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Bactroban side effects (4,782 reports)
Gangrene treatments and more:
- Gangrene (6,984 reports)
Common drugs associated with Gangrene:
- Invokana: 1,163 reports
- Aspirin: 396 reports
- Lantus: 386 reports
- Metformin: 356 reports
- Prednisone: 354 reports
- Humalog: 282 reports
- Heparin: 277 reports
- Lisinopril: 268 reports
- Extraneal: 255 reports
- Furosemide: 243 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Gangrene:
- Gangrene (1,270 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Gangrene:
- Type 2 diabetes: 1,020 reports
- Diabetes: 429 reports
- High blood pressure: 391 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 344 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Gangrene:
- Gangrene (717 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on mupirocin (the active ingredients of Bactroban) and Bactroban (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Firmagon and Hyzaar drug interaction - now
- Paroxetine Hydrochloride and Ataxia Aggravated - now
- Baby Aspirin and Drisdol drug interaction - now
- Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen and Lupron Depot drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Norplant and Norgesic drug interaction - 6 seconds ago
- Estraderm and Hydramine drug interaction - 12 seconds ago
- Zonisamide and Dry Skin - 18 seconds ago
- Sulfasalazine and Lotrimin drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Alclometasone Dipropionate and Nexium drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Invokana and Bone Pain - 20 seconds ago