Bactroban and Hyperlipidaemia - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 4,735 people who have side effects when taking Bactroban. Hyperlipidaemia is found, especially among people who are male, 60+ old, also take Xanax and have Partial seizures.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Bactroban and have Hyperlipidaemia. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
4,735 people reported to have side effects when taking Bactroban.
Among them, 43 people (0.91%) have Hyperlipidaemia.
What is Bactroban?
Bactroban has active ingredients of mupirocin. It is used in infection. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 4,782 Bactroban users.
What is Hyperlipidaemia?
Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood) is found to be associated with 2,229 drugs and 1,390 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 83,198 people who have Hyperlipidaemia.
Number of Bactroban and Hyperlipidaemia reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hyperlipidaemia when taking Bactroban *:
- female: 47.62 %
- male: 52.38 %
Age of people who have Hyperlipidaemia when taking Bactroban *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 3.57 %
- 40-49: 35.71 %
- 50-59: 25.0 %
- 60+: 35.71 %
Common drugs people take besides Bactroban *:
- Xanax: 26 people, 60.47%
- Neurontin: 22 people, 51.16%
- Pravachol: 20 people, 46.51%
- Paxil: 18 people, 41.86%
- Actonel: 17 people, 39.53%
- Cozaar: 17 people, 39.53%
- Flonase: 16 people, 37.21%
- Furosemide: 14 people, 32.56%
- Folic Acid: 14 people, 32.56%
- Zyrtec: 13 people, 30.23%
Common side effects people have besides Hyperlipidaemia *:
- Stress And Anxiety: 21 people, 48.84%
- Depression: 20 people, 46.51%
- Dizziness: 19 people, 44.19%
- Back Pain: 19 people, 44.19%
- Sinusitis (inflammation of sinus): 19 people, 44.19%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 17 people, 39.53%
- High Blood Pressure: 17 people, 39.53%
- Weight Loss: 17 people, 39.53%
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis (diabetic ketoacidosis (dka) is high concentrations of ketone bodies): 16 people, 37.21%
- Drug Ineffective: 15 people, 34.88%
Common conditions people have *:
- Procedural Pain: 10 people, 23.26%
- Partial Seizures (seizures which affect only a part of the brain at onset): 10 people, 23.26%
- Neuropathy Peripheral (surface nerve damage): 7 people, 16.28%
- Stress And Anxiety: 7 people, 16.28%
- Pain In Extremity: 7 people, 16.28%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 6 people, 13.95%
- Depression: 6 people, 13.95%
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 5 people, 11.63%
- Pain: 5 people, 11.63%
- Breathing Difficulty: 4 people, 9.30%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Bactroban and have Hyperlipidaemia?Check whether Hyperlipidaemia is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Bactroban side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Bactroban side effects (4,782 reports)
Hyperlipidaemia treatments and more:
- Hyperlipidaemia (83,198 reports)
Common drugs associated with Hyperlipidaemia:
- Fosamax: 4,138 reports
- Vioxx: 3,036 reports
- Aspirin: 1,886 reports
- Lipitor: 1,636 reports
- Alendronate sodium: 1,375 reports
- Seroquel: 1,249 reports
- Zometa: 1,193 reports
- Prednisone: 1,173 reports
- Lisinopril: 1,103 reports
- Lasix: 1,017 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Hyperlipidaemia:
- Hyperlipidaemia (2,229 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Hyperlipidaemia:
- Osteoporosis: 3,455 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,264 reports
- Depression: 1,071 reports
- Pain: 768 reports
- Diabetes: 724 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Hyperlipidaemia:
- Hyperlipidaemia (1,390 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on mupirocin (the active ingredients of Bactroban) and Bactroban (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Yaz and Oesophagitis Aggravated - 4 seconds ago
- Pantoprazole and Dermatitis Contact - 4 seconds ago
- Ranitidine and Hypothermia - 7 seconds ago
- Prozac and Jadenu drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Benadryl and Abacavir drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Cardizem Cd and Tofranil drug interaction - 17 seconds ago
- Trilipix and Limb Discomfort - 17 seconds ago
- Lac-Hydrin and Back Pain - 19 seconds ago
- Dilaudid and Tumor Lysis Syndrome - 22 seconds ago
- Vesicare and Weight Decreased - 36 seconds ago