Baycol and Cholestasis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Cholestasis is found among people who take Baycol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Baycol and have Cholestasis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 19,127 people who have side effects when taking Baycol from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
19,127 people reported to have side effects when taking Baycol.
Among them, 12 people (0.06%) have Cholestasis.
What is Baycol?
Baycol has active ingredients of cerivastatin sodium. eHealthMe is studying from 19,129 Baycol users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Cholestasis?
Cholestasis (a condition where bile cannot flow from the liver to the duodenum) is found to be associated with 2,035 drugs and 1,736 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Baycol and Cholestasis reports submitted per year:
Time on Baycol when people have Cholestasis *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Cholestasis when taking Baycol *:
- female: 41.67 %
- male: 58.33 %
Age of people who have Cholestasis when taking Baycol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Baycol *:
- Prevacid: 2 people, 16.67%
- Medrol: 2 people, 16.67%
- Folic Acid: 2 people, 16.67%
- Didronel: 2 people, 16.67%
- Tylenol: 1 person, 8.33%
- Lescol: 1 person, 8.33%
- Heparin: 1 person, 8.33%
- Glucotrol Xl: 1 person, 8.33%
- Glucophage: 1 person, 8.33%
- Ditropan Xl: 1 person, 8.33%
Common side effects people have besides Cholestasis *:
- Liver Function Tests Nos Abnormal: 6 people, 50.00%
- Muscle Aches (muscle pain): 3 people, 25.00%
- Fever: 3 people, 25.00%
- Hepatic Necrosis (large portions of liver die off due to severe liver disease): 3 people, 25.00%
- Rash Pruritic (redness with itching): 2 people, 16.67%
- C-Reactive Protein Increased: 2 people, 16.67%
- Choledocholithiasis (stones in the common bile duct): 2 people, 16.67%
- Hepatic Failure (liver failure): 2 people, 16.67%
- Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness): 2 people, 16.67%
- Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate Increased: 2 people, 16.67%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Baycol and have Cholestasis?Check whether Cholestasis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Cholestasis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of cerivastatin sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Baycol:
- Baycol (19,129 reports)
Common Baycol side effects:
- Rhabdomyolysis (a condition in which damaged skeletal muscle tissue breaks down): 7,254 reports
- Pain: 4,377 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 3,962 reports
- Weakness: 3,348 reports
- Muscle aches (muscle pain): 2,912 reports
Browse all side effects of Baycol:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Cholestasis treatments and more:
- Cholestasis (21,220 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Cholestasis:
- Cholestasis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Cholestasis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Cholestasis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Cholestasis:
- Paracetamol: 1,156 reports
- Pantoprazole: 923 reports
- Omeprazole: 855 reports
- Furosemide: 844 reports
- Augmentin: 782 reports
- Bactrim: 730 reports
- Methotrexate: 717 reports
- Prednisone: 699 reports
- Amlodipine: 572 reports
- Lovenox: 571 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Cholestasis:
- Cholestasis (2,035 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Cholestasis:
- High blood pressure: 1,447 reports
- Pain: 1,135 reports
- Depression: 746 reports
- Hiv infection: 556 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 423 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Cholestasis:
- Cholestasis (1,736 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on cerivastatin sodium (the active ingredients of Baycol) and Baycol (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Evoxac and Angioneurotic Oedema Aggravated - 2 seconds ago
- Amisulpride and Muscle Rigidity - 4 seconds ago
- Amisulpride and Tardive Dyskinesia - 7 seconds ago
- Anafranil and Anhedonia - 9 seconds ago
- Amisulpride and Gait Disturbance - 10 seconds ago
- Zaditor and Alamast drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Amisulpride and Aggression - 14 seconds ago
- Amisulpride and Rhabdomyolysis - 18 seconds ago
- Periodontal Disease and Headache - 21 seconds ago
- Amisulpride and Hallucination, Auditory - 21 seconds ago