Baycol and Death - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Death is found among people who take Baycol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months.
The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 19,127 people who have side effects when taking Baycol from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
19,127 people reported to have side effects when taking Baycol.
Among them, 117 people (0.61%) died.
What is Baycol?
Baycol has active ingredients of cerivastatin sodium. eHealthMe is studying from 19,129 Baycol users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Baycol and Death reports submitted per year:
Time on Baycol when people died *:
Gender of people who died when taking Baycol*:
Age of people who died when taking Baycol *:
Common drugs people take besides Baycol *:
Common side effects people have before they died *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of cerivastatin sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Baycol:
- Baycol (19,129 reports)
Common Baycol side effects:
- Rhabdomyolysis (a condition in which damaged skeletal muscle tissue breaks down): 7,254 reports
- Pain: 4,377 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 3,962 reports
- Weakness: 3,348 reports
- Muscle aches (muscle pain): 2,912 reports
Browse all side effects of Baycol:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
COVID vaccines that are related to Death:
- Death in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Death in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Death in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Death:
- Oxycontin: 25,919 reports
- Revlimid: 24,344 reports
- Duragesic: 15,960 reports
- Dilaudid: 15,851 reports
- Percocet: 15,739 reports
- Prolia: 14,914 reports
- Ms contin: 14,867 reports
- Aranesp: 14,840 reports
- Aspirin: 14,746 reports
- Opana: 13,795 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Death:
- Death (4,442 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Death:
- Multiple myeloma: 23,142 reports
- Pain: 20,012 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 17,771 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Death:
- Death (3,693 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on cerivastatin sodium (the active ingredients of Baycol) and Baycol (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lamivudine and Electrolyte Imbalance - 12 seconds ago
- Terbutaline Sulfate and Scoliosis - 12 seconds ago
- Casodex and Loss Of Consciousness - 26 seconds ago
- Duloxetine Hydrochloride vs. Divalproex - 43 seconds ago
- Losartan and Altabax drug interaction - a minute ago
- High Blood Pressure and Hemiparesis - a minute ago
- Hexalen and Incontinence - 2 minutes ago
- Desloratadine and Sinus Tachycardia - 2 minutes ago
- Sinequan and Atherosclerosis - 3 minutes ago
- Avelox and Sleep Walking - 3 minutes ago