Baycol and Flank pain - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Flank pain is found among people who take Baycol, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Baycol and have Flank pain. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 19,127 people who have side effects when taking Baycol from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
19,127 people reported to have side effects when taking Baycol.
Among them, 11 people (0.06%) have Flank pain.
What is Baycol?
Baycol has active ingredients of cerivastatin sodium. eHealthMe is studying from 19,129 Baycol users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Flank pain?
Flank pain (a distressing sensation experienced around the lower back and the upper abdomen) is found to be associated with 2,035 drugs and 1,429 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Baycol and Flank pain reports submitted per year:
Time on Baycol when people have Flank pain *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 16.67 %
- 1 - 2 years: 16.67 %
- 2 - 5 years: 66.67 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Flank pain when taking Baycol *:
- female: 54.55 %
- male: 45.45 %
Age of people who have Flank pain when taking Baycol *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 20 %
- 50-59: 20 %
- 60+: 60 %
Common drugs people take besides Baycol *:
- Naproxen: 6 people, 54.55%
- Pravachol: 5 people, 45.45%
- Lipitor: 5 people, 45.45%
- Vioxx: 4 people, 36.36%
- Lopid: 4 people, 36.36%
- Loratadine: 4 people, 36.36%
- Lisinopril: 3 people, 27.27%
- Lopressor: 3 people, 27.27%
- Motrin: 3 people, 27.27%
- Zocor: 3 people, 27.27%
Common side effects people have besides Flank pain *:
- Back Pain: 9 people, 81.82%
- Pain In Extremity: 7 people, 63.64%
- Weakness: 6 people, 54.55%
- Heart Attack: 5 people, 45.45%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 5 people, 45.45%
- High Blood Pressure: 5 people, 45.45%
- Chest Pain: 5 people, 45.45%
- Liver Function Test Abnormal: 4 people, 36.36%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 4 people, 36.36%
- Cough: 4 people, 36.36%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Cholesterol: 3 people, 27.27%
- Pain: 2 people, 18.18%
- Hypersensitivity: 2 people, 18.18%
- Hyperlipidaemia (presence of excess lipids in the blood): 2 people, 18.18%
- High Blood Pressure: 2 people, 18.18%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 2 people, 18.18%
- Ill-Defined Disorder: 1 person, 9.09%
- Enlarged Prostate: 1 person, 9.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Baycol and have Flank pain?Check whether Flank pain is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Flank pain and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of cerivastatin sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Baycol:
- Baycol (19,129 reports)
Common Baycol side effects:
- Rhabdomyolysis (a condition in which damaged skeletal muscle tissue breaks down): 7,254 reports
- Pain: 4,377 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 3,962 reports
- Weakness: 3,348 reports
- Muscle aches (muscle pain): 2,912 reports
Browse all side effects of Baycol:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Flank pain treatments and more:
- Flank pain (11,189 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Flank pain:
- Flank pain in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Flank pain in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Flank pain in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Flank pain:
- Prednisone: 914 reports
- Aspirin: 631 reports
- Humira: 515 reports
- Metformin: 472 reports
- Methotrexate: 440 reports
- Profen: 422 reports
- Ibu: 414 reports
- Ibuprofen: 410 reports
- Pantoprazole: 397 reports
- Sandostatin: 384 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Flank pain:
- Flank pain (2,035 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Flank pain:
- High blood pressure: 659 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 488 reports
- Pain: 472 reports
- Osteoporosis: 422 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 387 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 302 reports
- Crohn's disease: 263 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Flank pain:
- Flank pain (1,429 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on cerivastatin sodium (the active ingredients of Baycol) and Baycol (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Opsumit and Mycostatin drug interaction - 20 seconds ago
- Treanda and Non-Hodgkin'S Lymphoma - 35 seconds ago
- Pradaxa vs. Fragmin - 38 seconds ago
- Epivir and Haemoglobin Abnormal - 53 seconds ago
- Mucinex and Liver Injury - a minute ago
- Trokendi Xr and Depressed Mood - a minute ago
- Azelastine and Lescol drug interaction - a minute ago
- Levoxyl and Dyrenium drug interaction - a minute ago
- Xgeva and Nosebleed - 2 minutes ago
- Sulindac and Peripheral Ischaemia - 2 minutes ago