Belsomra and Rheumatoid arthritis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Rheumatoid arthritis is reported only by a few people who take Belsomra.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Belsomra and have Rheumatoid arthritis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,628 people who have side effects while taking Belsomra from the FDA, and is updated regularly.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
11,628 people reported to have side effects when taking Belsomra.
Among them, 5 people (0.04%) have Rheumatoid arthritis.
What is Belsomra?
Belsomra has active ingredients of suvorexant. It is often used in insomnia. eHealthMe is studying from 11,692 Belsomra users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Rheumatoid arthritis?
Rheumatoid arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints) is found to be associated with 2,778 drugs and 1,985 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Belsomra and Rheumatoid arthritis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Rheumatoid arthritis when taking Belsomra *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Rheumatoid arthritis when taking Belsomra *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 33.33 %
- 60+: 66.67 %
Common drugs people take besides Belsomra *:
- Vitamin D3: 2 people, 40.00%
- Vitamin D: 2 people, 40.00%
- Simponi: 2 people, 40.00%
- Proair Hfa: 2 people, 40.00%
- Pantoprazole: 2 people, 40.00%
- Ondansetron: 2 people, 40.00%
- Maxalt: 2 people, 40.00%
- Lyrica: 2 people, 40.00%
- Hydrocodone: 2 people, 40.00%
- Humira: 2 people, 40.00%
Common side effects people have besides Rheumatoid arthritis *:
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 60.00%
- Diarrhea: 3 people, 60.00%
- Gastric Disorder (disease of stomach): 2 people, 40.00%
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: 2 people, 40.00%
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue): 2 people, 40.00%
- Weight Decreased: 2 people, 40.00%
- Indigestion: 2 people, 40.00%
- Oesophageal Stenosis (narrowing of oesophagus): 2 people, 40.00%
- Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water): 2 people, 40.00%
- Gastric Hypomotility (less movement of stomach): 2 people, 40.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Sleep Disorder: 4 people, 80.00%
- Pain: 4 people, 80.00%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 4 people, 80.00%
- Vitamin D Decreased: 2 people, 40.00%
- Hypersensitivity: 2 people, 40.00%
- Blood Potassium Decreased: 2 people, 40.00%
- Breathing Difficulty: 2 people, 40.00%
- Depression: 2 people, 40.00%
- Dry Mouth: 2 people, 40.00%
- Eczema (patches of skin become rough and inflamed, with itching and bleeding blisters): 2 people, 40.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Belsomra and have Rheumatoid arthritis?Check whether Rheumatoid arthritis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Mathai, P. C., Andrade, N. N., Aggarwal, N., Nerurkar, S., & Kapoor, P. , "Low-dose methotrexate in rheumatoid arthritis: a potential risk factor for bisphosphonate-induced osteonecrosis of the jaw", Oral and maxillofacial surgery, 2018 Jan .
- Azuma N, Matsui K, Hashimoto N, Yoshikawa T, Sano H, "Successful Switch to Golimumab for Eosinophilia and Skin Symptoms Related to Multiple Biologics in a Patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis", Internal Medicine, 2017 Jun .
- Saif MW, "Rheumatoid arthritis associated with the use of Sandostatin? LAR? depot in a patient with pancreatic neuroendocrine tumor", An association or a coincidence? The first case report, 2017 Jan .
- Ahmed AB, Radwan AM, Baddary HM, "Prevalence of Generalized Anxiety Disorder in Patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis and its Relationship with Disease Activity", The Egyptian Journal of Hospital Medicine, 2016 Jan .
How severe was Rheumatoid arthritis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of suvorexant:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Belsomra:
- Belsomra (11,692 reports)
Common Belsomra side effects:
- Drug ineffective: 2,782 reports
- Nightmares (unpleasant dreams): 721 reports
- Drowsiness: 713 reports
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 624 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 556 reports
- Hallucinations (sensations that appear real but are created by your mind): 364 reports
Browse all side effects of Belsomra:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Rheumatoid arthritis treatments and more:
- Rheumatoid arthritis (947,758 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Rheumatoid arthritis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Rheumatoid arthritis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Rheumatoid arthritis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Rheumatoid arthritis:
- Enbrel: 56,708 reports
- Methotrexate: 52,705 reports
- Humira: 39,149 reports
- Prednisone: 29,377 reports
- Orencia: 26,592 reports
- Actemra: 25,436 reports
- Sulfasalazine: 22,447 reports
- Xeljanz: 20,971 reports
- Arava: 20,257 reports
- Remicade: 19,890 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Rheumatoid arthritis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis (2,778 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Rheumatoid arthritis:
All the conditions that are associated with Rheumatoid arthritis:
- Rheumatoid arthritis (1,985 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on suvorexant (the active ingredients of Belsomra) and Belsomra (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Prilosec and Limb Injury - a second ago
- Hydrocortisone and Haemangioma Of Liver - 3 seconds ago
- Dacogen and Muscle Atrophy - 5 seconds ago
- Visanne and Foot Fracture - 5 seconds ago
- Carisoprodol and Xeloda drug interaction - 9 seconds ago
- Niacin and Ambisome drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Methylprednisolone Sodium Succinate and Stress And Anxiety - 16 seconds ago
- Bentyl and Yasmin drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Ingrezza and Knee Joint Replacement - 20 seconds ago
- Lorazepam and Metastases To Central Nervous System - 20 seconds ago