Benadryl and Bacterial liver abscess - from FDA reports
Bacterial liver abscess is found among people who take Benadryl, especially for people who are male, 60+ old also take medication Nexium, and have Liver transplant rejection. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 51,573 people who have side effects when taking Benadryl from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials).
51,573 people reported to have side effects when taking Benadryl.
Among them, 20 people (0.04%) have Bacterial liver abscess
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Bacterial liver abscess when taking Benadryl *:
- female: 30 %
- male: 70 %
Age of people who have Bacterial liver abscess when taking Benadryl *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Renal Cell Carcinoma (a kidney cancer): 4 people, 20.00%
- Liver Transplant Rejection (failure of liver transplant): 4 people, 20.00%
- Pain: 3 people, 15.00%
- Crohn's Disease (condition that causes inflammation of the gastrointestinal tract): 3 people, 15.00%
- Pancreatic Carcinoma (pancreatic cancer): 1 person, 5.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Nexium: 8 people, 40.00%
- Actigall: 7 people, 35.00%
- Amaryl: 7 people, 35.00%
- Acyclovir: 7 people, 35.00%
- Zosyn: 6 people, 30.00%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Anastomotic Stenosis: 6 people, 30.00%
- Cholangitis (infection of the bile duct): 6 people, 30.00%
- Clostridium Difficile Colitis (inflammation of colon by clostridium difficile bacteria infection): 6 people, 30.00%
- Hepatic Artery Thrombosis (formation of a blood clot inside a hepatic artery): 6 people, 30.00%
- Peripheral Motor Neuropathy (muscles in the body become progressively weaker over months to years): 4 people, 20.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Bacterial liver abscess while taking Benadryl?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Bacterial liver abscess
- Subscribe to monitor Bacterial liver abscess in Benadryl
You are not alone:
Benadryl has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Benadryl 55,788 users)
Bacterial liver abscess
Bacterial liver abscess has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, crohn's disease, hepatic neoplasm malignant, preventive health care (latest reports from 2,602 Bacterial liver abscess patients).
Drugs that are associated with Bacterial liver abscessBacterial liver abscess (800 drugs)
Could your condition cause Bacterial liver abscessBacterial liver abscess (618 conditions)
Benadryl side effects
- Benadryl side effects (51,687 reports)
Browse all side effects of Benadryla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have High Blood Glucose Level with Follistim? - a second ago
- Will you have Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome with Diabetic Neuropathy? - a second ago
- Will you have Initial Insomnia with Zoloft? - 2 seconds ago
- Will you have Bowel Sounds Abnormal with Hepatitis B? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Musculoskeletal Disorder with Allegra D 24 Hour? - 5 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 39 year old man who takes Sudafed, Zyrtec - 16 minutes ago
- A study for a 60 year old man who takes Losartan Potassium And Hydrochlorothiazide - 26 minutes ago
- A study for a 45 year old man who takes Zantac 150 - 33 minutes ago
- A study for a 47 year old man who takes Aricept, Namenda - 51 minutes ago
- A study for a 37 year old man who takes Chantix, Protonix - 57 minutes ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.