Benadryl and Tonic clonic movements - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Tonic clonic movements is found among people who take Benadryl, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Benadryl and have Tonic clonic movements. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 85,073 people who have side effects when taking Benadryl from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
85,073 people reported to have side effects when taking Benadryl.
Among them, 7 people (0.01%) have Tonic clonic movements.
What is Benadryl?
Benadryl has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. eHealthMe is studying from 89,721 Benadryl users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Tonic clonic movements?
Tonic clonic movements (generalized seizure that affects the entire brain) is found to be associated with 502 drugs and 306 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Benadryl and Tonic clonic movements reports submitted per year:
Time on Benadryl when people have Tonic clonic movements *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Tonic clonic movements when taking Benadryl *:
- female: 71.43 %
- male: 28.57 %
Age of people who have Tonic clonic movements when taking Benadryl *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 16.67 %
- 50-59: 50.0 %
- 60+: 33.33 %
Common drugs people take besides Benadryl *:
- Zofran: 3 people, 42.86%
- Promethazine: 3 people, 42.86%
- Gralise: 3 people, 42.86%
- Demerol: 3 people, 42.86%
- Wellbutrin Xl: 3 people, 42.86%
- Metformin: 3 people, 42.86%
- Morphine: 3 people, 42.86%
- Narcan: 3 people, 42.86%
- Nucynta: 3 people, 42.86%
- Prozac: 3 people, 42.86%
Common side effects people have besides Tonic clonic movements *:
- Hypotension (abnormally low blood pressure): 4 people, 57.14%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 4 people, 57.14%
- Disturbance In Attention: 3 people, 42.86%
- Herpes Zoster: 3 people, 42.86%
- Herpes Virus Infection: 3 people, 42.86%
- Feeling Abnormal: 3 people, 42.86%
- Fall: 3 people, 42.86%
- Eye Movements - Uncontrollable: 3 people, 42.86%
- Drug Ineffective: 3 people, 42.86%
- Diabetes: 3 people, 42.86%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pain: 4 people, 57.14%
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 42.86%
- Procedural Pain: 3 people, 42.86%
- Post Herpetic Neuralgia (neuralgia caused by the varicella zoster virus): 3 people, 42.86%
- Nervous System Disorder (a general class of medical conditions affecting the nervous system): 3 people, 42.86%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 42.86%
- Depression: 3 people, 42.86%
- Weight Loss: 1 person, 14.29%
- Hypersensitivity: 1 person, 14.29%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Benadryl and have Tonic clonic movements?Check whether Tonic clonic movements is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Tonic clonic movements and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Benadryl:
- Benadryl (89,721 reports)
Common Benadryl side effects:
Browse all side effects of Benadryl:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Tonic clonic movements treatments and more:
- Tonic clonic movements (1,314 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Tonic clonic movements:
- Tonic clonic movements in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Tonic clonic movements in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Tonic clonic movements in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
All the drugs that are associated with Tonic clonic movements:
- Tonic clonic movements (502 drugs)
All the conditions that are associated with Tonic clonic movements:
- Tonic clonic movements (306 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on diphenhydramine hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Benadryl) and Benadryl (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Mirena and Nurtec Odt drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Magnesium Oxide and Appetite - Decreased - 27 seconds ago
- Magnesium Oxide and Appetite Decreased - 28 seconds ago
- Meperidine Hydrochloride and Hypotension - 28 seconds ago
- Prolia and Depression Aggravated - 32 seconds ago
- Clozapine and Shock Hypoglycaemic - 37 seconds ago
- Abraxane and Aseptic Necrosis - 43 seconds ago
- Frova vs. Atacand - a minute ago
- Benzonatate and Tongue Blistering - a minute ago
- Leucovorin Calcium and Valproic Acid drug interaction - a minute ago