Who have Wasting with Benadryl - from FDA reports
Wasting is found among people who take Benadryl, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ambien, and have High blood cholesterol. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 51,573 people who have side effects when taking Benadryl from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
51,573 people reported to have side effects when taking Benadryl.
Among them, 46 people (0.09%) have Wasting
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Benadryl when people have Wasting *:
- < 1 month: 50 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 50 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Wasting when taking Benadryl *:
- female: 66.67 %
- male: 33.33 %
Age of people who have Wasting when taking Benadryl *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 5.56 %
- 40-49: 19.44 %
- 50-59: 16.67 %
- 60+: 58.33 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 7 people, 15.22%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 7 people, 15.22%
- Behcet's Syndrome (involves inflammation of the blood vessels): 5 people, 10.87%
- Diabetes: 4 people, 8.70%
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 8.70%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ambien: 9 people, 19.57%
- Lasix: 8 people, 17.39%
- Aredia: 8 people, 17.39%
- Gabapentin: 8 people, 17.39%
- Nystatin: 8 people, 17.39%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness: 16 people, 34.78%
- Pain: 15 people, 32.61%
- Fever: 14 people, 30.43%
- Memory Loss: 14 people, 30.43%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 13 people, 28.26%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Wasting while taking Benadryl?
You are not alone:
Benadryl has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Benadryl 55,788 users)
Wasting (disease causes muscle and fat tissue to ""waste"" away) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure (latest reports from 9,592 Wasting patients).
Drugs that are associated with WastingWasting (1,790 drugs)
Could your condition cause WastingWasting (1,389 conditions)
Benadryl side effects
- Benadryl side effects (51,687 reports)
Browse all side effects of Benadryla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Will you have Panic Reaction with Naproxen? - now
- Will you have Ileostomy Overactive with Papaya? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Rectal Bleeding with Gabapentin? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Vision Blurred with Methionine? - 3 seconds ago
- Will you have Fibrosis with Ferrlecit? - 8 seconds ago
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 72 year old man who takes Losartan - 7 minutes ago
- A study for a 72 year old man who takes Losartan, Simvastatin - 16 minutes ago
- Prediction of Aptiom, B-12, Calan Sr, Synthroid, Vitamin B-2, Aspirin for a 43 year old woman - 2 hours ago
- Drug comparison of Humira, Remicade, Enbrel, Stelara for a 58 year old woman - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 70 year old man who takes Sotalol Hydrochloride, Xigduo Xr, Ramipril, Hctz, Droxia, Crestor, Coumadin - 5 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.