Benadryl and Wasting - from FDA reports
Wasting is found among people who take Benadryl, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Ambien, and have High blood cholesterol. This review analyzes which people have Wasting with Benadryl. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 44,874 people who have side effects when taking Benadryl from FDA , and is updated regularly.
44,874 people reported to have side effects when taking Benadryl.
Among them, 43 people (0.1%) have Wasting
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Benadryl when people have Wasting *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Wasting when taking Benadryl *:
- female: 66.67 %
- male: 33.33 %
Age of people who have Wasting when taking Benadryl *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 6.06 %
- 40-49: 21.21 %
- 50-59: 15.15 %
- 60+: 57.58 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Osteoporosis (bones weak and more likely to break): 7 people, 16.28%
- High Blood Cholesterol: 7 people, 16.28%
- Behcet's Syndrome (involves inflammation of the blood vessels): 5 people, 11.63%
- Diabetes: 4 people, 9.30%
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 9.30%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Ambien: 9 people, 20.93%
- Nystatin: 8 people, 18.60%
- Gabapentin: 8 people, 18.60%
- Aredia: 8 people, 18.60%
- Vicodin: 8 people, 18.60%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness: 15 people, 34.88%
- Pain: 15 people, 34.88%
- Memory Loss: 14 people, 32.56%
- Fever: 14 people, 32.56%
- Stress And Anxiety: 12 people, 27.91%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Benadryl and have Wasting?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Wasting
- Get paid with your care experience as a Care Guide
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Benadryl has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Benadryl 49,089 users)
Wasting (disease causes muscle and fat tissue to ""waste"" away) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure (latest reports from 8,693 Wasting patients).
Drugs that are associated with WastingWasting (1,539 drugs)
Could your condition cause WastingWasting (1,374 conditions)
Benadryl side effects
- Benadryl side effects (44,988 reports)
Browse all side effects of Benadryla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Benadryl and have Wasting
- Support group for people who have Wasting
- Support group for people who take Benadryl
You may be interested in these posts
- I am a 57 year old male, very active. I underwent routine cholecystectomy (gallbladder surgery), and was prescribed Cephalexin by my surgeon. Within two days of taking the medicine, I began to experience significant pain in both of my calves when I tried to walk. I didn’t know it was muscle...
- I am 37 years old male from Philadelphia and I am having voice hoarseness just after taking 3 kids Benadryl chewing tablets. I had same thing last year also when I tried Benadryl. I am feeling very dry voice box area and urge to clean sometime. Any advice?
- Hello, I have been very active all of my life. I enjoyed many sports, and physically demanding careers, until about 6 months ago. Pain in my back, referring to my hip and leg. I have been prescribed Gabapentin and steroid injections. I am experiencing wife spread muscle atrophy. I am looking...
- Started with knee pain, gradually pain extended to the back of my knee. Pain has become severs and now goes up my thigh after I have been walking for a few minutes. Pain has become bad enough to keep me awake. Ultrasound and x-ray have shown nothing...waiting for MRI results. Anyone else?
- My son is on his second week of taking fanapt and is experiencing horrible nasal congestion. Has anyone taken Benadryl with fanapt?? Any side effects..thank you for any info someone could share
- Will you have Rash with Benemid?
- Will you have Fall with Cancer Pain?
- Will you have Pain Relief with Razadyne Er?
- Will you have Skeletal Injury with Busulfex?
- How effective is Tranxene for Wakefulness?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Benemid and have Rash?
- Support group for people who have Cancer Pain and Fall?
- Support group for people who take Razadyne Er and have Pain Relief?
- Support group for people who take Busulfex and have Skeletal Injury?
- What to expect when you take Benemid and have Rash?
- What to expect when you have Cancer Pain and Fall?
- What to expect when you take Razadyne Er and have Pain Relief?
- What to expect when you take Busulfex and have Skeletal Injury?
- A study for a 33 year old woman who takes Tysabri
- A study for a 43 year old woman who takes Entyvio
- A study for a 63 year old man who takes Losartan, Lovastatin, Januvia, Metformin, Glimepiride
- A study for a 33 year old woman who takes Gabapentin
- A study for a 65 year old man who takes Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Omeprazole And Clarithromycin And Amoxicillin, Cymbalta, Morphine, Tricor
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.