Benadryl and Weight decreased - from FDA reports
Weight decreased is found among people who take Benadryl, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Tylenol, and have Pain. This review analyzes which people have Weight decreased with Benadryl. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 44,874 people who have side effects when taking Benadryl from FDA , and is updated regularly.
44,874 people reported to have side effects when taking Benadryl.
Among them, 1,541 people (3.43%) have Weight decreased
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Benadryl when people have Weight decreased *:
- < 1 month: 53.97 %
- 1 - 6 months: 22.22 %
- 6 - 12 months: 3.17 %
- 1 - 2 years: 14.29 %
- 2 - 5 years: 3.17 %
- 5 - 10 years: 3.17 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Weight decreased when taking Benadryl *:
- female: 63.72 %
- male: 36.28 %
Age of people who have Weight decreased when taking Benadryl *:
- 0-1: 0.08 %
- 2-9: 2.1 %
- 10-19: 2.51 %
- 20-29: 5.45 %
- 30-39: 6.04 %
- 40-49: 19.36 %
- 50-59: 22.8 %
- 60+: 41.66 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Pain: 147 people, 9.54%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 93 people, 6.04%
- High Blood Pressure: 88 people, 5.71%
- Stress And Anxiety: 75 people, 4.87%
- Depression: 71 people, 4.61%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Tylenol: 299 people, 19.40%
- Zometa: 264 people, 17.13%
- Decadron: 249 people, 16.16%
- Zofran: 230 people, 14.93%
- Ambien: 192 people, 12.46%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 514 people, 33.35%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 495 people, 32.12%
- Weakness: 455 people, 29.53%
- Pain: 395 people, 25.63%
- Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat): 378 people, 24.53%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Benadryl and have Weight decreased?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Weight decreased
- Get paid with your care experience as a Care Guide
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
- Print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Benadryl has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in allergies. (latest outcomes from Benadryl 49,089 users)
Weight decreased has been reported by people with type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, pain (latest reports from 163,344 Weight decreased patients).
Drugs that are associated with Weight decreasedWeight decreased (3,366 drugs)
Could your condition cause Weight decreasedWeight decreased (4,068 conditions)
Benadryl side effects
- Benadryl side effects (44,988 reports)
Browse all side effects of Benadryla b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Benadryl and have Weight Decreased
- Support group for people who have Weight Decreased
- Support group for people who take Benadryl
You may be interested in these posts
- I feel like I've lost a lot of weight since taking Eliquis. Has this happened to anyone else?
- I am 37 years old male from Philadelphia and I am having voice hoarseness just after taking 3 kids Benadryl chewing tablets. I had same thing last year also when I tried Benadryl. I am feeling very dry voice box area and urge to clean sometime. Any advice?
- My son is on his second week of taking fanapt and is experiencing horrible nasal congestion. Has anyone taken Benadryl with fanapt?? Any side effects..thank you for any info someone could share
- Im losing so much weight and i dont know why
- I have been taking 1/2 Oval capsule of Benadryl for about six months every night to sleep. I also have had 4 Vaginal yeast infections around the same timeframe. Has anyone else had a similar problem? I have attributed the infections to taking Monurol for a UTI, which I also get often. ...
- Will you have Treponema Test Positive with Dyslipidaemia?
- Will you have Facial Paresis with Tiazac?
- Will you have Cerebral Cyst with Orencia?
- Will you have Sperm Count Zero with Tendonitis?
- Will you have Chest Pain with Proamatine?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who have Dyslipidaemia and Treponema Test Positive?
- Support group for people who take Tiazac and have Facial Paresis?
- Support group for people who take Orencia and have Cerebral Cyst?
- Support group for people who have Tendonitis and Sperm Count Zero?
- Support group for people who take Proamatine and have Chest Pain?
- What to expect when you have Dyslipidaemia and Treponema Test Positive?
- What to expect when you take Tiazac and have Facial Paresis?
- What to expect when you take Orencia and have Cerebral Cyst?
- What to expect when you have Tendonitis and Sperm Count Zero?
- What to expect when you take Proamatine and have Chest Pain?
Care Guides wanted
- Care Guide for people who have Dyslipidaemia and Treponema Test Positive
- Care Guide for people who take Tiazac and have Facial Paresis
- Care Guide for people who take Orencia and have Cerebral Cyst
- Care Guide for people who have Tendonitis and Sperm Count Zero
- Care Guide for people who take Proamatine and have Chest Pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.