Benicar and Psoriasis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Psoriasis is found among people who take Benicar, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Benicar and have Psoriasis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 33,172 people who have side effects when taking Benicar from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
33,172 people reported to have side effects when taking Benicar.
Among them, 157 people (0.47%) have Psoriasis.
What is Benicar?
Benicar has active ingredients of olmesartan medoxomil. It is often used in high blood pressure. eHealthMe is studying from 34,947 Benicar users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin) is found to be associated with 2,266 drugs and 1,580 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Benicar and Psoriasis reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Psoriasis when taking Benicar*:
Age of people who have Psoriasis when taking Benicar *:
Common drugs people take besides Benicar *:
Common side effects people have besides Psoriasis *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Benicar and have Psoriasis?Check whether Psoriasis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Mohagheghi MA, Omranipur R, Ensani F, Ghannadan A, Shahriaran S, Samiee F, Sedighi Z, "A Case of Advanced Unicentric Retroperitoneal Castleman's Disease, Associated With Psoriasis", Acta Medica Iranica, 2017 May .
- Chiriac A, Brzezinski P, Stolnicu S, Podoleanu C, Moldovan C, Molnar C, Taranu T, "Eosinophilia–A rare possible adverse reaction during anti-tumor necrosis factor-alpha therapy for psoriasis", Journal of Dermatological Treatment, 2016 Mar .
- Malisiewicz B, Murer C, Schmid JP, French LE, Schmid-Grendelmeier P, Navarini AA, "Eosinophilia during psoriasis treatment with TNF antagonists", Dermatology, 2013 Jan .
How severe was Psoriasis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of olmesartan medoxomil:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Benicar:
- Benicar (34,947 reports)
Common Benicar side effects:
Browse all side effects of Benicar:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Psoriasis treatments and more:
- Psoriasis (412,198 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Psoriasis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Psoriasis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Psoriasis:
All the drugs that are associated with Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis (2,266 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Psoriasis:
All the conditions that are associated with Psoriasis:
- Psoriasis (1,580 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on olmesartan medoxomil (the active ingredients of Benicar) and Benicar (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Glyburide and Nail Dystrophy - 5 seconds ago
- Digoxin and Remicade drug interaction - 18 seconds ago
- Stiolto Respimat and Cardiac Stress Test Abnormal - 29 seconds ago
- Mycelex and Astrocytoma - 32 seconds ago
- Fetzima vs. Risperidone - 37 seconds ago
- Cytomel and Peripheral Coldness - 38 seconds ago
- Diflucan and Jaundice Cholestatic - 42 seconds ago
- Xyrem and Remicade drug interaction - 51 seconds ago
- Cozaar vs. Olmesartan Medoxomil - 57 seconds ago
- Mirtazapine and Paraesthesia - a minute ago