Benylin and Hypoglycemia - from FDA reports
Hypoglycemia is reported only by a few people who take Benylin. We study 168 people who have side effects while taking Benylin from FDA. Among them, 2 have Hypoglycemia. Find out below who they are, when they have Hypoglycemia and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jan, 17, 2018
168 people reported to have side effects when taking Benylin.
Among them, 2 people (1.19%) have Hypoglycemia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Hypoglycemia when taking Benylin *:
- female: 0.0 %
- male: 100 %
Age of people who have Hypoglycemia when taking Benylin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Type 2 Diabetes (1 person, 50.00%)
- Bronchitis (1 person, 50.00%)
- Bipolar Disorder (1 person, 50.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Simvastatin (2 people, 100.00%)
- Synthroid (1 person, 50.00%)
- Rasilez (1 person, 50.00%)
- Norvasc (1 person, 50.00%)
- Biaxin (1 person, 50.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Serotonin Syndrome (2 people, 100.00%)
- Tremor (1 person, 50.00%)
- Paraesthesia (1 person, 50.00%)
- Hyperhidrosis (1 person, 50.00%)
- Blood Pressure Diastolic Decreased (1 person, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Hypoglycemia when taking Benylin?
- Check symptoms - is hypoglycemia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a post - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHypoglycemia and drugs with ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHypoglycemia and Benylin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Benylin has active ingredients of diphenhydramine hydrochloride. It is often used in cough. (latest outcomes from Benylin 246 users)
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) has been reported by people with diabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, type 1 diabetes (latest reports from 32,939 Hypoglycemia patients).
Browse all side effects of Benylina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HypoglycemiaHypoglycemia
Could your condition cause HypoglycemiaHypoglycemia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
iAm a diabetic. am over 60, female. i have inflamed stomach lining. Very Painful....watching closely what i eat... have lost 5 lbs this week... Occasionally the pain ia bearable, mostly not. I have been reading that antacids can lower blood sugar...I am afraid to go to sleep because my blood ...
User posts to the study
Prescribed Phentermine 37.5 3 weeks ago Have not started taking it yet.. I am not diabetic but have low blood if I don't eat regularly. My doctor told me to take 1/2 I need to lose 35 lbs Gonna start this week but a little scared.
I am having low blood sugar drops since starting back on generic benicar? Im 43 female and my a1c is 4.7 although I was diagnosed with type 2 I am no longer consider to have it or take medication for it. My doctor does not feel it is benicar but that is the only thing that has changed?