Benzonatate and Gastrointestinal motility disorder - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Gastrointestinal motility disorder is found among people who take Benzonatate, especially for people who are male, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Benzonatate and have Gastrointestinal motility disorder. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 13,602 people who have side effects when taking Benzonatate from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
13,602 people reported to have side effects when taking Benzonatate.
Among them, 10 people (0.07%) have Gastrointestinal motility disorder.
What is Benzonatate?
Benzonatate has active ingredients of benzonatate. It is often used in cough. eHealthMe is studying from 14,180 Benzonatate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Gastrointestinal motility disorder?
Gastrointestinal motility disorder (abnormal intestinal contractions) is found to be associated with 1,049 drugs and 647 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Benzonatate and Gastrointestinal motility disorder reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Gastrointestinal motility disorder when taking Benzonatate *:
- female: 30 %
- male: 70 %
Age of people who have Gastrointestinal motility disorder when taking Benzonatate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 11.11 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 66.67 %
- 60+: 22.22 %
Common drugs people take besides Benzonatate *:
- Advil: 5 people, 50.00%
- Ampyra: 5 people, 50.00%
- Tysabri: 5 people, 50.00%
- Vitamin D3: 5 people, 50.00%
- Revatio: 5 people, 50.00%
- Promethazine: 4 people, 40.00%
- Belsomra: 4 people, 40.00%
- Ambien: 3 people, 30.00%
- Solu-Medrol: 3 people, 30.00%
- Cyanocobalamin: 2 people, 20.00%
Common side effects people have besides Gastrointestinal motility disorder *:
- Ageusia (loss of taste functions of the tongue): 6 people, 60.00%
- Constipation: 6 people, 60.00%
- Night Sweats (sweating in night): 5 people, 50.00%
- Weight Loss: 5 people, 50.00%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 5 people, 50.00%
- Dry Mouth: 5 people, 50.00%
- Dizziness: 5 people, 50.00%
- Neuralgia (pain in one or more nerves): 5 people, 50.00%
- Neurological Symptom (symptoms of nervous system disease): 5 people, 50.00%
- Wheezing (a high-pitched whistling sound made while you breath): 5 people, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Gait Disturbance: 5 people, 50.00%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 4 people, 40.00%
- Relapsing-Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (reoccurrence of an inflammatory disease in which the insulating covers of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord are damaged): 3 people, 30.00%
- Movement - Uncoordinated: 2 people, 20.00%
- Systemic Sclerosis Pulmonary (an autoimmune or connective tissue disease. it is characterized by thickening of the skin with involvement of lungs): 1 person, 10.00%
- Renal Cell Carcinoma (a kidney cancer): 1 person, 10.00%
- Pancreatic Carcinoma (pancreatic cancer): 1 person, 10.00%
- Myoclonus (a brief, involuntary twitching of a muscle or a group of muscles): 1 person, 10.00%
- Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (chronic lung disease): 1 person, 10.00%
- High Blood Pressure: 1 person, 10.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Benzonatate and have Gastrointestinal motility disorder?Check whether Gastrointestinal motility disorder is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Gastrointestinal motility disorder and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of benzonatate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Benzonatate:
- Benzonatate (14,180 reports)
Common Benzonatate side effects:
- Chronic kidney disease: 1,516 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,124 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 1,115 reports
- Pneumonia: 1,047 reports
- Breathing difficulty: 955 reports
- Pain: 904 reports
- Diarrhea: 903 reports
Browse all side effects of Benzonatate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Gastrointestinal motility disorder treatments and more:
- Gastrointestinal motility disorder (6,634 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Gastrointestinal motility disorder:
- Gastrointestinal motility disorder in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Gastrointestinal motility disorder in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Gastrointestinal motility disorder in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Gastrointestinal motility disorder:
- Humira: 289 reports
- Aspirin: 265 reports
- Miralax: 247 reports
- Prednisone: 222 reports
- Omeprazole: 198 reports
- Revlimid: 187 reports
- Synthroid: 170 reports
- Gabapentin: 170 reports
- Metformin: 169 reports
- Pantoprazole: 150 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Gastrointestinal motility disorder:
- Gastrointestinal motility disorder (1,049 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Gastrointestinal motility disorder:
- Crohn's disease: 292 reports
- Pain: 262 reports
- High blood pressure: 240 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 229 reports
- Constipation: 208 reports
- Multiple myeloma: 185 reports
- Depression: 175 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 135 reports
- Diabetes: 134 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Gastrointestinal motility disorder:
- Gastrointestinal motility disorder (647 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on benzonatate (the active ingredients of Benzonatate) and Benzonatate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lumigan and Aminophyllin drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Herpes Zoster and Nail Abnormalities - 5 seconds ago
- Methotrexate and Secondary Hypertension - 19 seconds ago
- Atenolol and Feeling Of Body Temperature Change - 33 seconds ago
- How effective is Reglan for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease? - 33 seconds ago
- Epival and Fenofibrate drug interaction - 37 seconds ago
- Mantle Cell Lymphoma and Atrial Fibrillation/Flutter - 39 seconds ago
- Atacand and Colon Cancer Metastatic - 41 seconds ago
- Levophed and Scrotal Abscess - 44 seconds ago
- Centrum Silver and Singulair drug interaction - 46 seconds ago