Benzonatate and Swallowing pain or burning - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Swallowing pain or burning is found among people who take Benzonatate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Benzonatate and have Swallowing pain or burning. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 13,602 people who have side effects when taking Benzonatate from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
13,602 people reported to have side effects when taking Benzonatate.
Among them, 14 people (0.1%) have Swallowing pain or burning.
What is Benzonatate?
Benzonatate has active ingredients of benzonatate. It is often used in cough. eHealthMe is studying from 14,156 Benzonatate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Swallowing pain or burning?
Swallowing pain or burning is found to be associated with 1,498 drugs and 986 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Benzonatate and Swallowing pain or burning reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Swallowing pain or burning when taking Benzonatate *:
- female: 71.43 %
- male: 28.57 %
Age of people who have Swallowing pain or burning when taking Benzonatate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 21.43 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 14.29 %
- 60+: 64.29 %
Common drugs people take besides Benzonatate *:
- Zanaflex: 7 people, 50.00%
- Myrbetriq: 7 people, 50.00%
- Xopenex: 7 people, 50.00%
- Ambien: 7 people, 50.00%
- Vitamin D3: 7 people, 50.00%
- Amitiza: 7 people, 50.00%
- Vitamin B12: 7 people, 50.00%
- Ampyra: 7 people, 50.00%
- Tysabri: 7 people, 50.00%
- Januvia: 7 people, 50.00%
Common side effects people have besides Swallowing pain or burning *:
- Rashes (redness): 9 people, 64.29%
- Lymph Follicular Hypertrophy (an increase in the size of the lymph node follicles): 9 people, 64.29%
- Headache (pain in head): 9 people, 64.29%
- Constipation: 8 people, 57.14%
- Hoarseness Or Changing Voice: 8 people, 57.14%
- Mood Swings (an extreme or rapid change in mood): 7 people, 50.00%
- Lacrimation Decreased: 7 people, 50.00%
- Movement - Uncoordinated: 7 people, 50.00%
- Joint Swelling: 7 people, 50.00%
- Muscle Aches (muscle pain): 7 people, 50.00%
Common conditions people have *:
- Urethritis Noninfective (inflammation of the urethra - non infective): 7 people, 50.00%
- Pain: 7 people, 50.00%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 7 people, 50.00%
- Gait Disturbance: 7 people, 50.00%
- Blood Glucose Abnormal: 7 people, 50.00%
- Bladder Disorder: 7 people, 50.00%
- Tonsillitis (inflammation of tonsil): 3 people, 21.43%
- Itching: 3 people, 21.43%
- Diarrhea: 3 people, 21.43%
- Lung Cancer - Non-Small Cell (lung cancer): 1 person, 7.14%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Benzonatate and have Swallowing pain or burning?Check whether Swallowing pain or burning is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Swallowing pain or burning and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of benzonatate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Benzonatate:
- Benzonatate (14,156 reports)
Common Benzonatate side effects:
Browse all side effects of Benzonatate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Swallowing pain or burning treatments and more:
- Swallowing pain or burning (6,332 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Swallowing pain or burning:
- Swallowing pain or burning in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Swallowing pain or burning in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Swallowing pain or burning in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Swallowing pain or burning:
All the drugs that are associated with Swallowing pain or burning:
- Swallowing pain or burning (1,498 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Swallowing pain or burning:
All the conditions that are associated with Swallowing pain or burning:
- Swallowing pain or burning (986 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on benzonatate (the active ingredients of Benzonatate) and Benzonatate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Adrenal Insufficiency and drugs of ingredients of gabapentin - 19 seconds ago
- Marijuana vs. Risperidone - 25 seconds ago
- Tenormin and Drug Hypersensitivity - 32 seconds ago
- Blood Urea Increased and drugs of ingredients of methylprednisolone sodium succinate - 37 seconds ago
- Depo-Provera and Synthroid drug interaction - 39 seconds ago
- Clarithromycin and Advair Diskus 100/50 drug interaction - 55 seconds ago
- Zestril and Paranasal Sinus Hypersecretion - a minute ago
- Paragard T 380A vs. Junel 1/20 - a minute ago
- Avodart and Vitamin D3 drug interaction - a minute ago
- Skin Hyperpigmentation and drugs of ingredients of mirtazapine - a minute ago