Benztropine mesylate and Musculoskeletal stiffness - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Musculoskeletal stiffness is found among people who take Benztropine mesylate, especially for people who are male, 40-49 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Benztropine mesylate and have Musculoskeletal stiffness. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,475 people who have side effects when taking Benztropine mesylate from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
3,475 people reported to have side effects when taking Benztropine mesylate.
Among them, 64 people (1.84%) have Musculoskeletal stiffness.
What is Benztropine mesylate?
Benztropine mesylate has active ingredients of benztropine mesylate. It is often used in movement - uncontrolled or slow. eHealthMe is studying from 3,602 Benztropine mesylate users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Musculoskeletal stiffness?
Musculoskeletal stiffness (stiffness of the body's muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments and nerves) is found to be associated with 2,596 drugs and 1,863 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Benztropine mesylate and Musculoskeletal stiffness reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Musculoskeletal stiffness when taking Benztropine mesylate *:
- female: 15.87 %
- male: 84.13 %
Age of people who have Musculoskeletal stiffness when taking Benztropine mesylate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 8.16 %
- 20-29: 6.12 %
- 30-39: 22.45 %
- 40-49: 36.73 %
- 50-59: 12.24 %
- 60+: 14.29 %
Common drugs people take besides Benztropine mesylate *:
- Cogentin: 33 people, 51.56%
- Haldol: 33 people, 51.56%
- Aredia: 31 people, 48.44%
- Zometa: 31 people, 48.44%
- Sinemet: 31 people, 48.44%
- Zoloft: 31 people, 48.44%
- Flomax: 30 people, 46.88%
- Toprol-Xl: 30 people, 46.88%
- Aspirin: 27 people, 42.19%
- Celebrex: 27 people, 42.19%
Common side effects people have besides Musculoskeletal stiffness *:
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 46 people, 71.88%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 40 people, 62.50%
- Chest Pain: 36 people, 56.25%
- Muscle Strain (an injury to a muscle in which the muscle fibres tear): 34 people, 53.12%
- Parkinson's Disease: 34 people, 53.12%
- Memory Loss: 33 people, 51.56%
- Weakness: 33 people, 51.56%
- Headache (pain in head): 33 people, 51.56%
- Pain: 33 people, 51.56%
- Swallowing Difficulty: 33 people, 51.56%
Common conditions people have *:
- Depression: 19 people, 29.69%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 14 people, 21.88%
- Psychotic Disorder: 10 people, 15.62%
- Bipolar Disorder (mood disorder): 10 people, 15.62%
- Poor Quality Sleep: 9 people, 14.06%
- Affective Disorder (mental disorder): 9 people, 14.06%
- Schizophrenia (a mental disorder characterized by a breakdown of thought processes): 7 people, 10.94%
- Depressed Mood: 5 people, 7.81%
- Bipolar I Disorder (mood disorder that is characterized by at least one manic or mixed episode): 4 people, 6.25%
- Gilles De La Tourette Syndrome (a condition that causes people to make repeated, quick movements or sounds that they cannot control): 4 people, 6.25%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Benztropine mesylate and have Musculoskeletal stiffness?Check whether Musculoskeletal stiffness is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Musculoskeletal stiffness and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of benztropine mesylate:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Benztropine mesylate:
- Benztropine mesylate (3,602 reports)
Common Benztropine mesylate side effects:
- Agranulocytosis (a deficiency of granulocytes in the blood, causing increased vulnerability to infection): 233 reports
- Tremor (trembling or shaking movements in one or more parts of your body): 212 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 175 reports
- Diabetes: 161 reports
- Stress and anxiety: 160 reports
- Death: 150 reports
Browse all side effects of Benztropine mesylate:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Musculoskeletal stiffness treatments and more:
- Musculoskeletal stiffness (87,653 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Musculoskeletal stiffness:
- Musculoskeletal stiffness in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Musculoskeletal stiffness in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Musculoskeletal stiffness in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Musculoskeletal stiffness:
- Methotrexate: 15,370 reports
- Enbrel: 15,197 reports
- Humira: 12,900 reports
- Prednisone: 10,696 reports
- Xeljanz: 8,965 reports
- Sulfasalazine: 6,881 reports
- Actemra: 6,563 reports
- Orencia: 6,083 reports
- Arava: 5,157 reports
- Remicade: 4,735 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Musculoskeletal stiffness:
- Musculoskeletal stiffness (2,596 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Musculoskeletal stiffness:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 21,258 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 7,051 reports
- Ankylosing spondylitis: 3,681 reports
- Pain: 3,002 reports
- Psoriasis: 2,910 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,783 reports
- Parkinson's disease: 2,643 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Musculoskeletal stiffness:
- Musculoskeletal stiffness (1,863 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on benztropine mesylate (the active ingredients of Benztropine mesylate) and Benztropine mesylate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Ribavirin and Pneumonia Cryptococcal - 2 seconds ago
- Xarelto and Dementia - 5 seconds ago
- Humulin N and Quit Smoking - 9 seconds ago
- Olanzapine and Clenil drug interaction - 14 seconds ago
- Kariva and Stools - Watery - 17 seconds ago
- Kariva and Diarrhea - 18 seconds ago
- Flonase and Wellbutrin Sr drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Synjardy Xr and Loraz drug interaction - 37 seconds ago
- Oxcarbazepine and Chapped Lips - 40 seconds ago
- Turmeric and Temodar drug interaction - 40 seconds ago