Bextra and Pancreatitis - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Pancreatitis is found among people who take Bextra, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Bextra and have Pancreatitis. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 20,960 people who have side effects when taking Bextra from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
20,960 people reported to have side effects when taking Bextra.
Among them, 102 people (0.49%) have Pancreatitis.
What is Bextra?
Bextra has active ingredients of valdecoxib. It is often used in pain. eHealthMe is studying from 20,972 Bextra users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Pancreatitis?
Pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas) is found to be associated with 2,725 drugs and 1,955 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Bextra and Pancreatitis reports submitted per year:
Time on Bextra when people have Pancreatitis *:
Gender of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Bextra*:
Age of people who have Pancreatitis when taking Bextra *:
Common drugs people take besides Bextra *:
Common side effects people have besides Pancreatitis *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Bextra and have Pancreatitis?Check whether Pancreatitis is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related publications that referenced our studies
- Sirkeci, ?., Sirkeci, E. E., & Ta?el, B. , "Rivaroxaban-induced acute pancreatitis", The European Research Journal, 2018 Jan .
- Liao, K. F., Huang, P. T., Lin, C. C., Lin, C. L., & Lai, S. W., "Fluvastatin use and risk of acute pancreatitis: a population-based case-control study in Taiwan", Biomedicine, 2014 Jan .
- Arshad F, Ladakhi Y, Khan MA, "A rare case of carbamazepine induced pancreatitis", International Journal of Students’ Research, 2013 Jul .
- Das S, Mondal S, Dey JK, Bandyopadhyay S, Saha I, Tripathi SK, "A case of montelukast induced hypercholesterolemia, severe hypertriglyceridemia and pancreatitis", Journal of Young Pharmacists, 2013 Jun .
How severe was Pancreatitis and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of valdecoxib:
- Pancreatitis and drugs with ingredients of valdecoxib (106 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Bextra:
- Bextra (20,972 reports)
Common Bextra side effects:
- Heart attack: 4,925 reports
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 3,570 reports
- Erythema multiforme (a type of hypersensitivity reaction): 2,312 reports
- Depression: 1,160 reports
- High blood pressure: 1,156 reports
- Rashes (redness): 1,151 reports
- Pain: 1,146 reports
Browse all side effects of Bextra:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Pancreatitis treatments and more:
- Pancreatitis (56,672 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Pancreatitis:
- Pancreatitis in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Pancreatitis in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Pancreatitis in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Pancreatitis:
- Seroquel: 4,892 reports
- Metformin: 4,060 reports
- Byetta: 3,275 reports
- Januvia: 2,572 reports
- Zyprexa: 2,458 reports
- Prednisone: 2,450 reports
- Victoza: 2,301 reports
- Aspirin: 2,217 reports
- Lisinopril: 2,105 reports
- Methotrexate: 1,964 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Pancreatitis:
- Pancreatitis (2,725 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Pancreatitis:
- Type 2 diabetes: 5,528 reports
- Diabetes: 3,048 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,706 reports
- Depression: 2,134 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 1,792 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Pancreatitis:
- Pancreatitis (1,955 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on valdecoxib (the active ingredients of Bextra) and Bextra (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Gravol and Bronchospasm Aggravated - 6 seconds ago
- Camptosar and Bell'S Palsy - 14 seconds ago
- Trandolapril and Stelara drug interaction - 15 seconds ago
- Tobradex and Lens Disorder - 15 seconds ago
- Hypercholesterolaemia Aggravated and Stag Horn Calculus - 22 seconds ago
- Valtrex and Cetirizine Hydrochloride drug interaction - 24 seconds ago
- Topicort and Diabetes - 24 seconds ago
- Stroke and Occult Blood Positive - 29 seconds ago
- Epivir and Ileal Ulcer - 32 seconds ago
- Losartan and Subcutaneous Emphysema - 35 seconds ago