Biotin and Hirsutism - from FDA reports
Hirsutism is reported only by a few people who take Biotin. We study 9,396 people who have side effects while taking Biotin from FDA. Among them, 5 have Hirsutism. Find out below who they are, when they have Hirsutism and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 23, 2017
9,396 people reported to have side effects when taking Biotin.
Among them, 5 people (0.05%) have Hirsutism
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Biotin when people have Hirsutism *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 100 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Hirsutism when taking Biotin *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Hirsutism when taking Biotin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Routine Health Maintenance (3 people, 60.00%)
- Menopausal Symptoms (1 person, 20.00%)
- Joint Pain (1 person, 20.00%)
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (1 person, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Sensipar (1 person, 20.00%)
- Fish Oil (1 person, 20.00%)
- Duavee (1 person, 20.00%)
- Coq10 (1 person, 20.00%)
- Cod Liver Oil (1 person, 20.00%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Therapeutic Response Unexpected (1 person, 20.00%)
- Sleep Walking (1 person, 20.00%)
- Nail Hypertrophy (1 person, 20.00%)
- Cerebral Haemorrhage (1 person, 20.00%)
- Body Height Decreased (1 person, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Hirsutism when taking Biotin?
- Check symptoms - is hirsutism caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsHirsutism and drugs with ingredients of biotin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeHirsutism and Biotin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Biotin has active ingredients of biotin. It is often used in hair loss. (latest outcomes from Biotin 10,209 users)
Hirsutism (abnormal growth of hair on a person's face and body, esp. on a woman) has been reported by people with birth control, hair loss, high blood pressure, epilepsy, osteoporosis (latest reports from 2,673 Hirsutism patients).
Browse all side effects of Biotina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with HirsutismHirsutism
Could your condition cause HirsutismHirsutism
What would happen?
Questions to the study
M taking nature's bounty female multivitamins gummies with biotin 10,000 mcg once daily just few days ago I started to take. But it's been 3 days I feel headaches low b. P fatigue overall limp feelings. Multivitamin is for energy but I feel very dull. I want to know is that normal feeling or ...
I am a 71 year old female, I have been taking a statin for over 5 years and started taking biotin about a year ago. I have severe pain in my right thigh for over 3 months now. My doctor took me off the statin a week ago, pain hasn't gotten any better. I am still taking biotin. I will stop ...
Hi I am 30 old female I had MM since 11 months . after stem cell transplant I loss my hair now it had been 3 moths since the stem cell my hair grows slowly my doctors suggesting to take revlimid for 6 months after stem cell but iam afriad that my hair will not grow faster I want to grow my ...