Boniva and Fractured sacrum - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Fractured sacrum is found among people who take Boniva, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Boniva and have Fractured sacrum. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 26,532 people who have side effects when taking Boniva from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
26,532 people reported to have side effects when taking Boniva.
Among them, 27 people (0.1%) have Fractured sacrum.
What is Boniva?
Boniva has active ingredients of ibandronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis. eHealthMe is studying from 26,914 Boniva users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Fractured sacrum?
Fractured sacrum is found to be associated with 636 drugs and 322 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Boniva and Fractured sacrum reports submitted per year:
Time on Boniva when people have Fractured sacrum *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 7.69 %
- 1 - 2 years: 23.08 %
- 2 - 5 years: 69.23 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Fractured sacrum when taking Boniva *:
- female: 100 %
- male: 0.0 %
Age of people who have Fractured sacrum when taking Boniva *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 6.67 %
- 60+: 93.33 %
Common drugs people take besides Boniva *:
- Fosamax: 10 people, 37.04%
- Avandia: 6 people, 22.22%
- Simvastatin: 6 people, 22.22%
- Aspirin: 6 people, 22.22%
- Losartan Potassium: 5 people, 18.52%
- Actonel: 4 people, 14.81%
- Persantine: 4 people, 14.81%
- Lidoderm: 3 people, 11.11%
- Vicodin: 3 people, 11.11%
- Acetylsalicylic Acid: 3 people, 11.11%
Common side effects people have besides Fractured sacrum *:
- Fall: 17 people, 62.96%
- Pubis Fracture: 12 people, 44.44%
- Spinal Osteoarthritis (joint cartilage loss in spine): 10 people, 37.04%
- Femur Fracture: 10 people, 37.04%
- Traumatic Injury Of The Bladder And Urethra: 9 people, 33.33%
- Oedema Peripheral (superficial swelling): 8 people, 29.63%
- Stress And Anxiety: 7 people, 25.93%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 7 people, 25.93%
- Lumbar Spinal Stenosis (a medical condition in which the spinal canal narrows and compresses the spinal cord and nerves at the level of the lumbar bone): 7 people, 25.93%
- Gait Disturbance: 6 people, 22.22%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Pressure: 6 people, 22.22%
- Weakness: 2 people, 7.41%
- Parkinson's Disease: 2 people, 7.41%
- Bone Density Decreased: 2 people, 7.41%
- Tardive Dyskinesia (a disorder that involves involuntary movements): 1 person, 3.70%
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue): 1 person, 3.70%
- Pain: 1 person, 3.70%
- Ankylosing Spondylitis (type of arthritis affecting the spine): 1 person, 3.70%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Boniva and have Fractured sacrum?Check whether Fractured sacrum is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Fractured sacrum and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ibandronate sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Boniva:
- Boniva (26,914 reports)
Common Boniva side effects:
Browse all side effects of Boniva:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Fractured sacrum treatments and more:
- Fractured sacrum (1,584 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Fractured sacrum:
- Fractured sacrum in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Fractured sacrum in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Fractured sacrum in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Fractured sacrum:
- Aredia: 132 reports
- Aspirin: 169 reports
- Forteo: 112 reports
- Fosamax: 318 reports
- Prednisone: 155 reports
- Prilosec: 136 reports
- Zometa: 159 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Fractured sacrum:
- Fractured sacrum (636 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Fractured sacrum:
All the conditions that are associated with Fractured sacrum:
- Fractured sacrum (322 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ibandronate sodium (the active ingredients of Boniva) and Boniva (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Limbitrol vs. Tofranil - 4 seconds ago
- Paroxetine vs. Zyprexa Zydis - 10 seconds ago
- Flecainide Acetate and Tracrium drug interaction - 13 seconds ago
- Adderall 10 and Multiple Myeloma - 19 seconds ago
- Convulsion and Dizziness - 31 seconds ago
- Percocet and Macitentan drug interaction - 36 seconds ago
- Vancomycin Hcl and Anaemia - 38 seconds ago
- How effective is Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride for Sinus Pain? - 41 seconds ago
- Pantoprazole Sodium and Benadryl drug interaction - 54 seconds ago
- Percocet and Bystolic drug interaction - 57 seconds ago