Boniva and Large intestine perforation - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Large intestine perforation is found among people who take Boniva, especially for people who are female, 60+ old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Boniva and have Large intestine perforation. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 26,532 people who have side effects when taking Boniva from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
26,532 people reported to have side effects when taking Boniva.
Among them, 13 people (0.05%) have Large intestine perforation.
What is Boniva?
Boniva has active ingredients of ibandronate sodium. It is often used in osteoporosis. eHealthMe is studying from 26,914 Boniva users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Large intestine perforation?
Large intestine perforation (hole in large intestine) is found to be associated with 1,163 drugs and 718 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Boniva and Large intestine perforation reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Large intestine perforation when taking Boniva *:
- female: 66.67 %
- male: 33.33 %
Age of people who have Large intestine perforation when taking Boniva *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 100 %
Common drugs people take besides Boniva *:
- Prilosec: 8 people, 61.54%
- Xanax: 5 people, 38.46%
- Crestor: 5 people, 38.46%
- Zetia: 4 people, 30.77%
- Cardura: 4 people, 30.77%
- Compazine: 4 people, 30.77%
- Proscar: 4 people, 30.77%
- Enzalutamide: 4 people, 30.77%
- Gemcitabine: 4 people, 30.77%
- Lodine: 4 people, 30.77%
Common side effects people have besides Large intestine perforation *:
- Pneumonia: 9 people, 69.23%
- Sepsis (a severe blood infection that can lead to organ failure and death): 7 people, 53.85%
- Pleural Effusion (water on the lungs): 6 people, 46.15%
- Stress And Anxiety: 6 people, 46.15%
- Diverticulitis (digestive disease which involves the formation of pouches (diverticula) within the bowel wall): 6 people, 46.15%
- Hernia (hernia happens when part of an internal organ or tissue bulges through a weak area of muscle): 5 people, 38.46%
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (a condition in which stomach contents leak backward from the stomach into the oesophagus): 5 people, 38.46%
- Empyema (collection of pus in a cavity in the body): 5 people, 38.46%
- Dyslipidaemia (abnormal amount of lipids): 5 people, 38.46%
- Ill-Defined Disorder: 5 people, 38.46%
Common conditions people have *:
- Pancreatic Carcinoma (pancreatic cancer): 4 people, 30.77%
- Osteoarthritis (a joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint): 2 people, 15.38%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 2 people, 15.38%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 1 person, 7.69%
- Pain: 1 person, 7.69%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 1 person, 7.69%
- Fibromyalgia (a long-term condition which causes pain all over the body): 1 person, 7.69%
- Bone Loss: 1 person, 7.69%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Boniva and have Large intestine perforation?Check whether Large intestine perforation is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Large intestine perforation and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ibandronate sodium:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Boniva:
- Boniva (26,914 reports)
Common Boniva side effects:
Browse all side effects of Boniva:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Large intestine perforation treatments and more:
- Large intestine perforation (7,370 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Large intestine perforation:
- Large intestine perforation in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Large intestine perforation in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Large intestine perforation in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Large intestine perforation:
All the drugs that are associated with Large intestine perforation:
- Large intestine perforation (1,163 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Large intestine perforation:
All the conditions that are associated with Large intestine perforation:
- Large intestine perforation (718 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ibandronate sodium (the active ingredients of Boniva) and Boniva (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Tiazac and Leflunomide drug interaction - 4 seconds ago
- Zestril and Dizziness - 27 seconds ago
- Lumigan and Wellbutrin drug interaction - 27 seconds ago
- Bystolic vs. Allopurinol - 49 seconds ago
- Xanax and Rash - Child Under 2 Years - 51 seconds ago
- Ms Contin and Estazolam drug interaction - 57 seconds ago
- Lac-Hydrin and Anorectal Abscess - a minute ago
- Mircera and Back Pain - a minute ago
- Synagis and Trimethoprim drug interaction - a minute ago
- Lopid vs. Pravachol - a minute ago