Botox and Dysphagia - from FDA reports
Dysphagia is found among people who take Botox, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Xanax, and have Skin wrinkling. This review analyzes which people have Dysphagia with Botox. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 30,301 people who have side effects when taking Botox from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Nov, 27, 2017
30,301 people reported to have side effects when taking Botox.
Among them, 1,074 people (3.54%) have Dysphagia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Botox when people have Dysphagia *:
- < 1 month: 97.22 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.77 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.46 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.77 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.15 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.46 %
- 10+ years: 0.15 %
Gender of people who have Dysphagia when taking Botox *:
- female: 78.37 %
- male: 21.63 %
Age of people who have Dysphagia when taking Botox *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 4.08 %
- 10-19: 3.52 %
- 20-29: 5.77 %
- 30-39: 14.08 %
- 40-49: 23.24 %
- 50-59: 19.15 %
- 60+: 30.14 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Skin Wrinkling (259 people, 24.12%)
- Torticollis (200 people, 18.62%)
- Muscle Spasticity (118 people, 10.99%)
- Pain (54 people, 5.03%)
- Muscle Spasms (39 people, 3.63%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xanax (32 people, 2.98%)
- Prevacid (28 people, 2.61%)
- Synthroid (27 people, 2.51%)
- Valium (24 people, 2.23%)
- Ambien (24 people, 2.23%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness (380 people, 35.38%)
- Breathing Difficulty (248 people, 23.09%)
- Headache (165 people, 15.36%)
- Fatigue (145 people, 13.50%)
- Hoarseness Or Changing Voice (142 people, 13.22%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Dysphagia when taking Botox?
- Check symptoms - is dysphagia caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsDysphagia and drugs with ingredients of botulinum toxin type a.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeDysphagia and Botox from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Botox has active ingredients of botulinum toxin type a. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Botox 30,683 users)
Dysphagia (condition in which swallowing is difficult or painful) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, osteoporosis, pain, depression (latest reports from 59,153 Dysphagia patients).
Browse all side effects of Botoxa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with DysphagiaDysphagia
Could your condition cause DysphagiaDysphagia
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I have been taking 75mg of Aspirin since my heart attack on the 6th December 2016. I have had pain on swallowing for three months, I changed from dispersable to enteric coated a month ago, at first that was fine but now the pain has returned. The only other drug I am is Ticagrelor with ends in ...