Botox and Glaucoma - from FDA reports
Glaucoma is found among people who take Botox, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Cardizem, and have Gastroesophageal reflux disease. This review analyzes which people have Glaucoma with Botox. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 30,301 people who have side effects when taking Botox from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 23, 2017
30,301 people reported to have side effects when taking Botox.
Among them, 13 people (0.04%) have Glaucoma
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Botox when people have Glaucoma *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 100 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Glaucoma when taking Botox *:
- female: 88.89 %
- male: 11.11 %
Age of people who have Glaucoma when taking Botox *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 12.5 %
- 50-59: 12.5 %
- 60+: 75.0 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Sleep Disorder (2 people, 15.38%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (2 people, 15.38%)
- Joint Pain (1 person, 7.69%)
- Eye Pain (1 person, 7.69%)
- Blood Magnesium Decreased (1 person, 7.69%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Voltaren (1 person, 7.69%)
- Neurontin (1 person, 7.69%)
- Lortab (1 person, 7.69%)
- Dexilant (1 person, 7.69%)
- Cardizem (1 person, 7.69%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Headache (3 people, 23.08%)
- Vision Blurred (2 people, 15.38%)
- Tremor (2 people, 15.38%)
- Ecchymosis (2 people, 15.38%)
- Abdominal Pain Upper (2 people, 15.38%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Glaucoma when taking Botox?
- Check symptoms - is glaucoma caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsGlaucoma and drugs with ingredients of botulinum toxin type a.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeGlaucoma and Botox from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Botox has active ingredients of botulinum toxin type a. It is often used in migraine. (latest outcomes from Botox 30,683 users)
Glaucoma (increased fluid pressure in the eye with vision loss) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, glaucoma, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol (latest reports from 32,176 Glaucoma patients).
Browse all side effects of Botoxa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with GlaucomaGlaucoma
Could your condition cause GlaucomaGlaucoma
What would happen?
Questions to the study
I am a 75 year old female, have glaucoma for 20 years , or let's say treated for that period of time. Have been on Latanoprost up to about 2 years ago. .then my Dr. referred me to a specialist as one eye had pressure of 26 and a small catatact. New Dr. put me on dorzolamide-timolol. brought ...
User reviews to the study
I was diagnosed with Closed angle Glaucoma, two years ago. It was a complete shock to me, as I had regular visits to my optician, my eye pressure was always ok. But I was seeing rainbows around lights and my eyes were always extremely fatigued at night, or when I was socialising having to focus ...
I had Botox for the first time 4 weeks ago. I've had a range of symptoms since but am now experiencing rapid heart rate ( 105bmm at rest) and feel breathless climbing a flight of stairs. I'm in the early stages of diagnosis with the Drs but I suspect they'll find nothing.