Botox and Myocardial infarction - from FDA reports
Myocardial infarction is found among people who take Botox, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Synthroid, and have Multiple sclerosis. This study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 35,309 people who have side effects when taking Botox from FDA, and is updated regularly.
How to use this study: bring a copy to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Who is eHealthMe: we are a data analysis company who specializes in health care industry. Our original studies have been referenced on 500+ peer-reviewed medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and EANO. On eHealthMe, you can research drugs and monitor them (see testimonials). If you find eHealthMe useful, please help us to spread the words below or leave us a testimonial.
35,309 people reported to have side effects when taking Botox.
Among them, 33 people (0.09%) have Myocardial infarction
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Botox when people have Myocardial infarction *:
- < 1 month: 80.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 6.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 13.33 %
Gender of people who have Myocardial infarction when taking Botox *:
- female: 81.82 %
- male: 18.18 %
Age of people who have Myocardial infarction when taking Botox *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 25.0 %
- 40-49: 16.67 %
- 50-59: 20.83 %
- 60+: 37.5 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 6 people, 18.18%
- Skin Wrinkling (wrinkle on skin): 5 people, 15.15%
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 12.12%
- Pain: 4 people, 12.12%
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 9.09%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Cymbalta: 5 people, 15.15%
- Xanax: 5 people, 15.15%
- Synthroid: 5 people, 15.15%
- Valium: 4 people, 12.12%
- Yasmin: 4 people, 12.12%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Chest Pain: 7 people, 21.21%
- Pain: 7 people, 21.21%
- Nausea (feeling of having an urge to vomit): 3 people, 9.09%
- Injury: 3 people, 9.09%
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 9.09%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
FDA reports used in this study
- Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you have Myocardial infarction while taking Botox?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Myocardial infarction
- Subscribe to monitor Myocardial infarction in Botox
You are not alone:
Botox has active ingredients of botulinum toxin type a. It is often used in wrinkles. (latest outcomes from Botox 35,693 users)
Myocardial infarction (destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle) has been reported by people with diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 213,492 Myocardial infarction patients).
Drugs that are associated with Myocardial infarctionMyocardial infarction (2,839 drugs)
Could your condition cause Myocardial infarctionMyocardial infarction (2,535 conditions)
Botox side effects
- Botox side effects (35,312 reports)
Browse all side effects of Botoxa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
What would happen?
Recent general studies
- Adderall 30 and Probiotic drug interaction - now
- Will you have Hypoglycemia with Zenpep? - now
- How effective is Trandolapril for Bp? - now
- Will you have Low Blood Sugar with Zenpep? - now
- How effective is Trandolapril for Blood Pressure Inadequately Controlled? - now
Recent personal studies
- A study for a 51 year old woman who takes Alendronate Sodium - 2 hours ago
- A study for a 65 year old man who takes Ezetimibe - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 56 year old woman who takes Humira, Melatonin - 4 hours ago
- A study for a 66 year old woman who takes Spironolactone - 5 hours ago
- A study for a 29 year old man who takes Ketoconazole, Adderall 15 - 8 hours ago
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.