Botox and Myocardial infarction - from FDA reports
Myocardial infarction is found among people who take Botox, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Synthroid, and have Multiple sclerosis. This review analyzes which people have Myocardial infarction with Botox. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 30,301 people who have side effects when taking Botox from FDA , and is updated regularly.
30,301 people reported to have side effects when taking Botox.
Among them, 30 people (0.1%) have Myocardial infarction
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Botox when people have Myocardial infarction *:
- < 1 month: 87.5 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 12.5 %
Gender of people who have Myocardial infarction when taking Botox *:
- female: 83.33 %
- male: 16.67 %
Age of people who have Myocardial infarction when taking Botox *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 28.57 %
- 40-49: 19.05 %
- 50-59: 23.81 %
- 60+: 28.57 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Skin Wrinkling (wrinkle on skin): 5 people, 16.67%
- Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath): 5 people, 16.67%
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 13.33%
- Torticollis (a twisted neck in which the head is tipped to one side, while the chin is turned to the other): 3 people, 10.00%
- Pain: 3 people, 10.00%
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Xanax: 5 people, 16.67%
- Synthroid: 5 people, 16.67%
- Yasmin: 4 people, 13.33%
- Valium: 4 people, 13.33%
- Cymbalta: 4 people, 13.33%
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Chest Pain: 7 people, 23.33%
- Pain: 6 people, 20.00%
- Stress And Anxiety: 3 people, 10.00%
- Injury: 3 people, 10.00%
- Fever: 3 people, 10.00%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Want to find out more about the FDA reports used in the study? You can request them from FDA.
Do you take Botox and have Myocardial infarction?
- Check whether a drug or a condition causes Myocardial infarction
- Predict new side effects and undetected conditions
- Connect with people like you, or share your experience to help people like you
We suggest these affordable tests for self monitoring. You can order them and receive results on eHealthMe. No doctor referral or insurance necessary.
- Cbc (includes differential and platelets) ($32.00) Add to cart
- Urinalysis, complete with microscopic examination ($39.00) Add to cart
Botox has active ingredients of botulinum toxin type a. It is often used in wrinkles. (latest outcomes from Botox 30,684 users)
Myocardial infarction (destruction of heart tissue resulting from obstruction of the blood supply to the heart muscle) has been reported by people with diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, pain, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 201,343 Myocardial infarction patients).
Drugs that are associated with Myocardial infarctionMyocardial infarction (2,988 drugs)
Could your condition cause Myocardial infarctionMyocardial infarction (2,522 conditions)
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsMyocardial infarction and drugs with ingredients of botulinum toxin type a. (32 reports)
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeMyocardial infarction and Botox from FDA and eHealthMe reports (30 reports)
Botox side effects
- Botox side effects (30,304 reports)
Browse all side effects of Botoxa b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Analysis tools (to study 684 million drug outcomes from FDA)
- Check symptoms - identify the cause of a symptom: from a drug or from a condition?
- Check drugs - find out common side effects or drug interactions of my drugs.
- Compare drugs - compare the side effects and efficacy of multiple drugs side by side.
What would happen?
You are not alone. Join our personalized support groups:
- Support group for people who take Botox and have Myocardial Infarction
- Support group for people who have Myocardial Infarction
- Support group for people who take Botox
Can you answer these questions
- HI. I went to get Botox on Thursday and on Friday I had a doctors appt with pain management my blood pressure was all over the place but it was high then I went to my primary and he drew blood and on SAT he called me and said that my potassium was high and my glucose was low he wanted me to go...
- I had a heart attack 2 years ago. I didn't have any clogged arteries. They said it was in the bottom of the hard and had something to do with the Electro's. I was taking Tramadol and for some reason I feel it had something to do with my heart attack. Has anyone else suffered a heart attack...
- Can botox cause low thyroid problems
- Hey Is it risci to do botox ( face ) when tou have myotonia who effects only my legs?
- I have dyspraxia and people have mentioned this injection might work I am already taking propranolol 10mg three times a day
You may be interested in these posts
- I have not had heart attack but I am dealing with new heart failure diagnosis. I have been trying to find out why since I have virtually none of the risk factors.
- I was getting Botox because of migrains. for about 5 years. The itching started after I stopped the Botox. I was getting shots in my forehead, around my head to my neck. I told the doctor that I was having a hard time holding my head up, so he stopped the shots in the back of the head Then...
- Looking for instances of lacrimal gland enlargement after Botox injection.
- Would like to hear experiences of anyone with Chronic Lyme and using Botox Thank you
- U had Botox to help my stroke affected wrist then 9 weeks later I was diagnosed with endocarditis , I nearly died and was not told that I was at risk , why was I not told
- Will you have Ingrowing Nail with Lipitor?
- Will you have Taste - Impaired with Type 2 Diabetes?
- Will you have Metallic Taste with Type 2 Diabetes?
- Will you have Dysgeusia with Type 2 Diabetes?
- Will you have Loss Of Taste with Type 2 Diabetes?
Active Support Groups
- Support group for people who take Lipitor and have Ingrowing Nail?
- Support group for people who have Type 2 Diabetes and Taste - Impaired?
- Support group for people who have Type 2 Diabetes and Metallic Taste?
- Support group for people who have Type 2 Diabetes and Dysgeusia?
- Support group for people who have Type 2 Diabetes and Loss Of Taste?
- What to expect when you take Lipitor and have Ingrowing Nail?
- What to expect when you have Type 2 Diabetes and Taste - Impaired?
- What to expect when you have Type 2 Diabetes and Metallic Taste?
- What to expect when you have Type 2 Diabetes and Dysgeusia?
- What to expect when you have Type 2 Diabetes and Loss Of Taste?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.