Brilinta and Blood disorder - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Blood disorder is found among people who take Brilinta, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Brilinta and have Blood disorder. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 21,186 people who have side effects when taking Brilinta from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
21,186 people reported to have side effects when taking Brilinta.
Among them, 36 people (0.17%) have Blood disorder.
What is Brilinta?
Brilinta has active ingredients of ticagrelor. It is often used in stent. eHealthMe is studying from 21,508 Brilinta users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Blood disorder?
Blood disorder is found to be associated with 1,412 drugs and 843 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Brilinta and Blood disorder reports submitted per year:
Time on Brilinta when people have Blood disorder *:
- < 1 month: 16.67 %
- 1 - 6 months: 16.67 %
- 6 - 12 months: 16.67 %
- 1 - 2 years: 33.33 %
- 2 - 5 years: 16.67 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Blood disorder when taking Brilinta *:
- female: 31.03 %
- male: 68.97 %
Age of people who have Blood disorder when taking Brilinta *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 5.26 %
- 40-49: 15.79 %
- 50-59: 5.26 %
- 60+: 73.68 %
Common drugs people take besides Brilinta *:
- Jakafi: 8 people, 22.22%
- Prilosec: 7 people, 19.44%
- Valium: 7 people, 19.44%
- Agrylin: 7 people, 19.44%
- Amlodipine: 6 people, 16.67%
- Cardizem: 6 people, 16.67%
- Coumadin: 5 people, 13.89%
- Hydrea: 5 people, 13.89%
- Plavix: 4 people, 11.11%
- Fluoxetine: 3 people, 8.33%
Common side effects people have besides Blood disorder *:
- Diarrhea: 10 people, 27.78%
- Blood Urine Present: 8 people, 22.22%
- Weight Decreased: 7 people, 19.44%
- Kidney Stones: 7 people, 19.44%
- Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood): 7 people, 19.44%
- Myocardial Ischaemia (the blood flow through one or more of the blood vessels that lead to heart (coronary arteries) is decreased): 7 people, 19.44%
- Bone Pain: 7 people, 19.44%
- Stroke (sudden death of a portion of the brain cells due to a lack of oxygen): 7 people, 19.44%
- Haemorrhage (bleeding): 7 people, 19.44%
- Haematuria (presence of blood in urine): 6 people, 16.67%
Common conditions people have *:
- Essential Thrombocythaemia (chronic blood cancer): 7 people, 19.44%
- Stress And Anxiety: 6 people, 16.67%
- Atrial Fibrillation/flutter (atrial fibrillation and flutter are abnormal heart rhythms in which the atria, or upper chambers of the heart, are out of sync with the ventricles): 6 people, 16.67%
- High Blood Pressure: 6 people, 16.67%
- Primary Myelofibrosis (primary disorder of the bone marrow): 5 people, 13.89%
- Cardiac Disorder: 5 people, 13.89%
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (acute chest pain and other symptoms that happen because the heart does not get blood): 4 people, 11.11%
- Prostate Cancer: 3 people, 8.33%
- Acute Myocardial Infarction (acute heart attack): 2 people, 5.56%
- Peripheral Swelling: 2 people, 5.56%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Brilinta and have Blood disorder?Check whether Blood disorder is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Blood disorder and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of ticagrelor:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Brilinta:
- Brilinta (21,508 reports)
Common Brilinta side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 3,075 reports
- Heart attack: 2,101 reports
- Chest pain: 1,429 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,230 reports
- Head injury: 1,108 reports
- Death: 1,104 reports
- Dizziness: 960 reports
Browse all side effects of Brilinta:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Blood disorder treatments and more:
- Blood disorder (11,366 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Blood disorder:
- Blood disorder in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Blood disorder in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Blood disorder in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Blood disorder:
- Prednisone: 430 reports
- Aspirin: 412 reports
- Methotrexate: 328 reports
- Coumadin: 324 reports
- Fosamax: 304 reports
- Humira: 277 reports
- Enbrel: 265 reports
- Omeprazole: 219 reports
- Furosemide: 217 reports
- Metformin: 215 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Blood disorder:
- Blood disorder (1,412 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Blood disorder:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 572 reports
- Osteoporosis: 413 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 374 reports
- High blood pressure: 298 reports
- Pain: 246 reports
- High blood cholesterol: 239 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Blood disorder:
- Blood disorder (843 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on ticagrelor (the active ingredients of Brilinta) and Brilinta (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Cipro and Conjunctival Haemorrhage - 34 seconds ago
- Methotrexate Sodium and Acute Pulmonary Histoplasmosis - 42 seconds ago
- Loraz and Paracetamol Increased - 44 seconds ago
- Gastric Cancer and Ocular Hyperaemia - 45 seconds ago
- Sulfasalazine and Diabeta drug interaction - 46 seconds ago
- Ramipril and Ultiva drug interaction - a minute ago
- Lorazepam and Incision Site Haematoma - a minute ago
- Fentanyl Citrate and Uterine Atony - a minute ago
- Xolair and Kidney Stones - a minute ago
- Dynacirc and Stress Urinary Incontinence - a minute ago