Bumex and Death - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Death is found among people who take Bumex, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month.
The phase IV clinical study is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,496 people who have side effects when taking Bumex from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
8,496 people reported to have side effects when taking Bumex.
Among them, 491 people (5.78%) died.
What is Bumex?
Bumex has active ingredients of bumetanide. It is often used in swelling. eHealthMe is studying from 8,618 Bumex users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
Number of Bumex and Death reports submitted per year:
Time on Bumex when people died *:
Gender of people who died when taking Bumex*:
Age of people who died when taking Bumex *:
Common drugs people take besides Bumex *:
Common side effects people have before they died *:
Common conditions people have *:
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of bumetanide:
- Death and drugs with ingredients of bumetanide (1,416 reports)
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Bumex:
- Bumex (8,618 reports)
Common Bumex side effects:
- Breathing difficulty: 1,004 reports
- Weakness: 687 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 675 reports
- Acute kidney failure: 660 reports
- Pain: 594 reports
Browse all side effects of Bumex:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
COVID vaccines that are related to Death:
- Death in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Death in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Death in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Death:
- Oxycontin: 25,919 reports
- Revlimid: 24,344 reports
- Duragesic: 15,960 reports
- Dilaudid: 15,851 reports
- Percocet: 15,739 reports
- Prolia: 14,914 reports
- Ms contin: 14,867 reports
- Aranesp: 14,840 reports
- Aspirin: 14,746 reports
- Opana: 13,795 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Death:
- Death (4,431 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Death:
- Multiple myeloma: 23,142 reports
- Pain: 20,012 reports
- Primary pulmonary hypertension: 17,771 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Death:
- Death (3,693 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on bumetanide (the active ingredients of Bumex) and Bumex (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Asa and Abdominal Pain Lower - a second ago
- Topicort and Renal Failure Aggravated - 2 seconds ago
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Skin Discoloration - 14 seconds ago
- Restasis and Lymphopenia - 29 seconds ago
- Dexilant and Adrenocortical Insufficiency Acute - 35 seconds ago
- Lorcet-Hd and Birth Control - 48 seconds ago
- Cromolyn Sodium and Spinal Disorder - 55 seconds ago
- Allegra and Polymyalgia Rheumatica Aggravated - 56 seconds ago
- Selegiline Hydrochloride and Respiratory Acidosis - 57 seconds ago
- Asa and Abdominal Infection - 58 seconds ago