Buspar and Breast cancer - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
Breast cancer is found among people who take Buspar, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Buspar and have Breast cancer. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 16,539 people who have side effects when taking Buspar from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You can use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 600+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
16,539 people reported to have side effects when taking Buspar.
Among them, 42 people (0.25%) have Breast cancer.
What is Buspar?
Buspar has active ingredients of buspirone hydrochloride. It is often used in stress and anxiety. eHealthMe is studying from 19,125 Buspar users for its effectiveness, alternative drugs and more.
What is Breast cancer?
Breast cancer is found to be associated with 2,287 drugs and 1,568 conditions by eHealthMe.
Number of Buspar and Breast cancer reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Breast cancer when taking Buspar *:
- female: 97.56 %
- male: 2.44 %
Age of people who have Breast cancer when taking Buspar *:
- 0-1: 2.7 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 2.7 %
- 30-39: 10.81 %
- 40-49: 8.11 %
- 50-59: 59.46 %
- 60+: 16.22 %
Common drugs people take besides Buspar *:
- Prempro: 20 people, 47.62%
- Premarin: 19 people, 45.24%
- Zoloft: 19 people, 45.24%
- Prozac: 18 people, 42.86%
- Desyrel: 15 people, 35.71%
- Percocet: 13 people, 30.95%
- Remeron: 12 people, 28.57%
- Wellbutrin: 12 people, 28.57%
- Combipatch: 12 people, 28.57%
- Celexa: 11 people, 26.19%
Common side effects people have besides Breast cancer *:
- Osteopenia (a condition where bone mineral density is lower than normal): 20 people, 47.62%
- Breast Pain: 19 people, 45.24%
- Fall: 16 people, 38.10%
- High Blood Pressure: 15 people, 35.71%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 13 people, 30.95%
- Muscle Spasms (muscle contraction): 13 people, 30.95%
- Hot Flush (sudden feelings of heat): 13 people, 30.95%
- Breathing Difficulty: 12 people, 28.57%
- Pain: 12 people, 28.57%
- Joint Pain: 12 people, 28.57%
Common conditions people have *:
- Menopause (end of monthly cycles in women): 19 people, 45.24%
- Hypothyroidism (abnormally low activity of the thyroid gland, resulting in retardation of growth and mental development): 7 people, 16.67%
- Sleep Disorder: 6 people, 14.29%
- Pain: 4 people, 9.52%
- High Blood Pressure: 4 people, 9.52%
- Metastases To Bone (cancer spreads to bone): 4 people, 9.52%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 3 people, 7.14%
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 3 people, 7.14%
- Bladder Disorder: 3 people, 7.14%
- Infection: 3 people, 7.14%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Buspar and have Breast cancer?Check whether Breast cancer is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
How severe was Breast cancer and when was it recovered:
Expand to all the drugs that have ingredients of buspirone hydrochloride:
Alternative drugs to, pros and cons of Buspar:
- Buspar (19,125 reports)
Common Buspar side effects:
- Stress and anxiety: 1,605 reports
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 1,244 reports
- Depression: 1,199 reports
- Drug ineffective: 1,196 reports
- Headache (pain in head): 1,147 reports
- Pain: 1,084 reports
- Insomnia (sleeplessness): 982 reports
Browse all side effects of Buspar:a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Breast cancer treatments and more:
- Breast cancer (239,493 reports)
COVID vaccines that are related to Breast cancer:
- Breast cancer in Moderna COVID Vaccine
- Breast cancer in Pfizer BioNTech Covid Vaccine
- Breast cancer in Johnson and Johnson Covid Vaccine
Common drugs associated with Breast cancer:
- Zantac: 31,011 reports
- Ranitidine: 25,585 reports
- Premarin: 16,321 reports
- Prempro: 14,715 reports
- Provera: 13,179 reports
- Ranitidine hydrochloride: 9,833 reports
- Medroxyprogesterone acetate: 2,765 reports
- Cycrin: 2,674 reports
- Methotrexate: 2,641 reports
- Enbrel: 2,572 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Breast cancer:
- Breast cancer (2,287 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Breast cancer:
- Indigestion: 31,587 reports
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease: 21,862 reports
- Hormone replacement therapy: 10,641 reports
- Multiple sclerosis: 4,855 reports
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 4,688 reports
- Gastric ulcer: 4,174 reports
- High blood pressure: 2,148 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Breast cancer:
- Breast cancer (1,568 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on buspirone hydrochloride (the active ingredients of Buspar) and Buspar (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 600+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Pioglitazone and Diverticular Perforation - 2 seconds ago
- Integrilin and Zosyn drug interaction - 3 seconds ago
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis and Bone Marrow Disorder - 6 seconds ago
- Oracea and Joint Injury - 9 seconds ago
- Belsomra and Pantosin drug interaction - 16 seconds ago
- Torsemide and Wound Secretion - 23 seconds ago
- Vitamin B3 and Wellbutrin drug interaction - 43 seconds ago
- Juxtapid and Rashes - 43 seconds ago
- Lomotil and Left Ventricular Failure - 45 seconds ago
- Budesonide and Chemotherapy - 50 seconds ago