Calcium carbonate and Mouth ulcers - a phase IV clinical study of FDA data
We study 11,610 people who have side effects when taking Calcium carbonate. Mouth ulcers is found, especially among people who are female, 60+ old, also take Prednisone and have High blood pressure.
The phase IV clinical study analyzes which people take Calcium carbonate and have Mouth ulcers. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports from the FDA, and is updated regularly. You may use the study as a second opinion to make health care decisions.
Phase IV trials are used to detect adverse drug outcomes and monitor drug effectiveness in the real world. With medical big data and AI algorithms, eHealthMe is running millions of phase IV trials and makes the results available to the public. Our original studies have been referenced on 700+ medical publications including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature.
11,610 people reported to have side effects when taking Calcium carbonate.
Among them, 26 people (0.22%) have Mouth ulcers.
What is Calcium carbonate?
Calcium carbonate has active ingredients of calcium. It is used in gastroesophageal reflux disease. Currently, eHealthMe is studying from 11,911 Calcium carbonate users.
What is Mouth ulcers?
Mouth ulcers is found to be associated with 2,400 drugs and 2,069 conditions by eHealthMe. Currently, we are studying 27,065 people who have Mouth ulcers.
Number of Calcium carbonate and Mouth ulcers reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Mouth ulcers when taking Calcium carbonate *:
- female: 90 %
- male: 10 %
Age of people who have Mouth ulcers when taking Calcium carbonate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 50 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 0.0 %
- 60+: 50 %
Common drugs people take besides Calcium carbonate *:
- Methotrexate: 12 people, 46.15%
- Prednisone: 12 people, 46.15%
- Folic Acid: 10 people, 38.46%
- Leflunomide: 10 people, 38.46%
- Methylprednisolone: 9 people, 34.62%
- Indapamide: 9 people, 34.62%
- Olanzapine: 9 people, 34.62%
- Acetaminophen: 9 people, 34.62%
- Apixaban: 9 people, 34.62%
- Vitamin D3: 8 people, 30.77%
Common side effects people have besides Mouth ulcers *:
- Drug Ineffective: 16 people, 61.54%
- Rashes (redness): 14 people, 53.85%
- Haemoglobin Decreased: 12 people, 46.15%
- Joint Pain: 11 people, 42.31%
- Red Blood Cell Sedimentation Rate Increased: 9 people, 34.62%
- Fatigue (feeling of tiredness): 9 people, 34.62%
- Butterfly Rash: 9 people, 34.62%
- Nephropathy (damage to or disease of a kidney): 9 people, 34.62%
- Blood Urine Present: 9 people, 34.62%
- Protein Urine Present: 9 people, 34.62%
Common conditions people have *:
- High Blood Pressure: 12 people, 46.15%
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (an autoimmune disease, which means the body's immune system mistakenly, attacks healthy tissue): 9 people, 34.62%
- Psychotic Disorder: 9 people, 34.62%
- Deep Venous Thrombosis (blood clot in a major vein that usually develops in the legs and/or pelvis): 9 people, 34.62%
- Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints): 9 people, 34.62%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic progressive disease causing inflammation in the joints): 7 people, 26.92%
- Polycythaemia Vera (blood disorder in which the bone marrow makes too many red blood cells): 3 people, 11.54%
- Fallopian Tube Cancer (cancer of fallopian tube): 3 people, 11.54%
- Constipation: 3 people, 11.54%
- Multiple Myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells): 2 people, 7.69%
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
Do you take Calcium carbonate and have Mouth ulcers?Check whether Mouth ulcers is associated with a drug or a condition
How to use the study?
You can discuss the study with your doctor, to ensure that all drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Calcium carbonate side effects by duration, gender and age:
- Calcium carbonate side effects (11,911 reports)
Mouth ulcers treatments and more:
- Mouth ulcers (27,065 reports)
Common drugs associated with Mouth ulcers:
- Methotrexate: 3,499 reports
- Prednisone: 2,679 reports
- Humira: 1,385 reports
- Enbrel: 1,331 reports
- Zometa: 1,263 reports
- Omeprazole: 946 reports
- Aspirin: 944 reports
- Amlodipine: 828 reports
- Aredia: 761 reports
- Actemra: 749 reports
All the drugs that are associated with Mouth ulcers:
- Mouth ulcers (2,400 drugs)
Common conditions associated with Mouth ulcers:
- Rheumatoid arthritis: 2,845 reports
- Crohn's disease: 1,401 reports
- High blood pressure: 968 reports
- Pain: 908 reports
- Osteoporosis: 828 reports
All the conditions that are associated with Mouth ulcers:
- Mouth ulcers (2,069 conditions)
How the study uses the data?
The study uses data from the FDA. It is based on calcium (the active ingredients of Calcium carbonate) and Calcium carbonate (the brand name). Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are not considered. Dosage of drugs is not considered in the study.
Who is eHealthMe?
With medical big data and proven AI algorithms, eHealthMe provides a platform for everyone to run phase IV clinical trials. We study millions of patients and 5,000 more each day. Results of our real-world drug study have been referenced on 700+ medical publications, including The Lancet, Mayo Clinic Proceedings, and Nature. Our analysis results are available to researchers, health care professionals, patients (testimonials), and software developers (open API).
WARNING, DISCLAIMER, USE FOR PUBLICATION
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Acth and Modafinil drug interaction - now
- Baby Aspirin and Joint Effusion - a second ago
- Warfarin Sodium and Jaw Fracture - 14 seconds ago
- Metoclopramide Hcl and Aspartate Aminotransferase Increased - 26 seconds ago
- Prezcobix and Tolterodine drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Valacyclovir and Jantoven drug interaction - 26 seconds ago
- Metoprolol Succinate and Exposure To Toxic Agent - 37 seconds ago
- Prednisolone and Prohance drug interaction - 43 seconds ago
- Tranxene and Navelbine drug interaction - 50 seconds ago
- Biotin and Joint Stiffness - 53 seconds ago